Sportsbetting operator PointsBet has announced its first-quarter financial results, which saw turnover increase by 81% compared to last year.
Key financial indicators for the first-quarter ending September 30th, 2021 were:
- Net win of $67.3 million AUD, which was up 76% from the same time last year
- iGaming revenues were $2.2 million AUD
- The Australian division saw a 79% jump in active players to 222,662
- The US division's active players jumped 367% to 185,880
- Turnover was $979.9 million AUD: $631.4 million from Australia and $348.6 million from the US
- Expenses were $110.5 million AUD
- Operating costs were $33 million AUD
- Advertising and marketing expenses of $46.5 million AUD
- Staff costs of $19.3 million AUD
- Administrative Costs of $11.7 million AUD
- Operating loss of $25.6 million AUD
A link to the financial presentation can be found here.