This week Latvia's Lotteries and Gambling Supervisory Inspection Bureau reported the country's first quarter 2019 gaming financial's, revealing that revenues were up 15% when compared to the year prior.
Key financial indicators for the quarter ending March 31st, 2019 were:
- Revenues of €77.5 million
- Gambling income up 15.9% to €73.6 million
- Gaming machine revenues were up 12.6% to €56.4 million
- Gaming tables brought in €3.9 million, up 6.4% from last year
- Bingo up 44.8% to €73,000
- Betting points up 55.2% to €848,000
- Online betting up 35.4% to €12.4 million
The country also revealed that illegal online sites have been cracked down on, with 41 domains blocked in the first quarter along with 68 IP addresses.