Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot Hit for $20,057,734!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new record, as ten minutes ago a punter hit the Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot, taking home a huge $20,057,734 win, which is the largest amount recorded on the meter for the famous prorgessive jackpot.

We don't have any details on the win, but we can confirm that our exclusive jackpot tracker picked up the win, making us one of the first outlets to report on the big win. The win is the largest ever recorded for the jackpot in terms of game credits, which beats the €18,915,721 won at Grand Mondial Casino 17 weeks ago. That had stood as the largest-ever online win, but the record was short-lived given the popularity of the prize.

The Mega Moolah jackpot is offered across multiple slots and grows as a portion of every wager goes into the jackpot pool. The prize grows rapidly, and now holds the top three progressive jackpot win records for online slots. Interestingly, the tracker is showing that the current prize stands at £8.5 million, indicating that a currency converted win of just under £12 million was the likely true amount. This is due to the fact that Microgaming jackpots are converted back to Pounds Sterling when won in another currency, to ensure all players are getting an equivalent jackpot based on the amount the game costs to play.

We'll be updating readers as we learn more.

Related: Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot

Update: We've since learned that the win was picked up by a punter at Zodiac Casino, but the punter has remained anonymous. The win has pushed Microgaming's progressive jackpot win totals to over €1 billion since they've been offered, and the developer is no doubt ecstatic about the PR that goes with their big wins.

"What an astonishing milestone for Microgaming's progressive jackpot network!" said Microgaming CEO John Coleman. "We are incredibly proud to see total payouts exceed the €1 billion mark - congratulations to all the lucky Mega jackpot winners who have been part of this remarkable story. The network has been awarding life-changing wins since 1999, including thousands of five and six-figure sums, and we look forward to building on this remarkable success in the future with the development of even more innovative and rewarding gameplay experiences for players."

About the author

16 replies • Last post

Comments

krcoolsongss
Jackpot ChaserJackpot Chaser
coolsongss's picture
Joined: 2 Dec 2014
Posts: 2336
Thanks given: 1636
Thanks received: 1160
30 January 2019 - 5:33pm
#1

Ah, this Jackpot was hit, wow. And it only took 17 weeks to beat its own records.
Looking forward to the details of the winners Smile
Great news.

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6426
Thanks given: 2977
Thanks received: 896
30 January 2019 - 6:31pm
#2

Well, in fact $20,057,734 have to be equal to EU17 559 543.23 in current rate so technically this shouldn't be a record breaker.

I doub't the winner would even thought of that...so congrats.

idEljuno
Silver PlayerSilver Player
Eljuno's picture
Location: Indonesia
Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Posts: 314
Thanks given: 408
Thanks received: 217
30 January 2019 - 9:57pm
#3

Wow...its very insane for mega moolah, i cant imagine how reaction the winner when hit this amazing prize, congratulation for the winner.. the most of luckiest player today Thumb Up

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 8469
Thanks given: 4551
Thanks received: 3933
30 January 2019 - 10:11pm
#4

Yes we've actually updated the article to point out that this is most likely not the biggest win ever in terms of dollar amount. It is the biggest based on the meter on the game though.

When Mega Moolah is won in a currency other than Pounds Sterling the amount of credits on the meter are converted back to Pounds and deducted off the total. So for example if it was won by someone wagering in USD it would have dropped by about £15m at current exchange rates. Seeing as it only dropped about £12m we know that it was won in a currency that is worth less than USD and Euros for example.

Based on exchange rates my guess is probably Canadian dollars... paging Warofthegods ... where are you?!?!? lol

3 sharpe, coolsongss, WaroftheGods

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

krcoolsongss
Jackpot ChaserJackpot Chaser
coolsongss's picture
Joined: 2 Dec 2014
Posts: 2336
Thanks given: 1636
Thanks received: 1160
31 January 2019 - 1:41pm
#5
CL-Ed wrote:

When Mega Moolah is won in a currency other than Pounds Sterling the amount of credits on the meter are converted back to Pounds and deducted off the total. So for example if it was won by someone wagering in USD it would have dropped by about £15m at current exchange rates. Seeing as it only dropped about £12m we know that it was won in a currency that is worth less than USD and Euros for example.

Oh, really? I thought that they would just give the Jackpot in players currency.
But, on second thought, it makes sense because Jackpot has to be counted in one currency only...
Still a bit confused, though.

CL-Ed wrote:

Based on exchange rates my guess is probably Canadian dollars... paging Warofthegods ... where are you?!?!? lol

And he appeared in CL some hours ago Joking

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6426
Thanks given: 2977
Thanks received: 896
31 January 2019 - 2:27pm
#6

Australian Dollar is pretty close to Canadian as a value mate...but I guess you've done the math right as always Wink
Record or not it's still one of biggest wins ever so congrats to that guy or a girl...Canadian or not.

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 8469
Thanks given: 4551
Thanks received: 3933
1 February 2019 - 7:32am
#7

I'm assuming that it can't be Australian dollars because Microgaming no longer allows Australians to play their games.

coolsongss wrote:

Oh, really? I thought that they would just give the Jackpot in players currency.
But, on second thought, it makes sense because Jackpot has to be counted in one currency only...
Still a bit confused, though.

They do this to be fair to everyone. Imagine you're playing using Pounds and it costs you £1 per spin to play. Someone else plays in USD and it costs them $1 per spin to play. So the people playing in pounds are contributing more to the jackpot with each spin than people playing in other currencies, because their currency is worth more. Therefore everyone wins an amount that is the same multiple of their currency's value - i.e. £20m / €20m / $20m. This is the fairest thing to do.

Consider Playtech - their jackpots are unfair to people playing in higher value currencies. If you won a £5m Playtech jackpot while wagering in USD, they would convert the £5m into USD at the current exchange rate, so you might win about $6.5m. That sounds fair at first glance until you find out that the wager amount is not adjusted per currency. So for example the game still costs £1 / €1 / $1 to play. So people playing in lower valued currencies get a cheaper spin each time but they still win the same amount.

2 sharpe, coolsongss

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6426
Thanks given: 2977
Thanks received: 896
1 February 2019 - 3:06pm
#8
CL-Ed wrote:

I'm assuming that it can't be Australian dollars because Microgaming no longer allows Australians to play their games.

OK..so I' going to write you off from the suspicious list Tongue
By the way...you didn't' been to Canada on a vacation or something the last few days a? Wink

CL-Ed wrote:

They do this to be fair to everyone. Imagine you're playing using Pounds and it costs you £1 per spin to play. Someone else plays in USD and it costs them $1 per spin to play. So the people playing in pounds are contributing more to the jackpot with each spin than people playing in other currencies, because their currency is worth more. Therefore everyone wins an amount that is the same multiple of their currency's value - i.e. £20m / €20m / $20m. This is the fairest thing to do.

Yeah it sounds quite fair to me the way Mega Moolah currency system being set, it's quite simple really but the way it should be I think.

CL-Ed wrote:

Consider Playtech - their jackpots are unfair to people playing in higher value currencies. If you won a £5m Playtech jackpot while wagering in USD, they would convert the £5m into USD at the current exchange rate, so you might win about $6.5m. That sounds fair at first glance until you find out that the wager amount is not adjusted per currency. So for example the game still costs £1 / €1 / $1 to play. So people playing in lower valued currencies get a cheaper spin each time but they still win the same amount.

Sound like it would be better to play that in Japanese Yen or something but I doubt it's allowed. Smile

Yeah it seems to be unfair to those playing in pounds or euros but in the end Playtech not taking any advantage(profit) from that I guess so I couldn't be considered a cheating just a not too well thought of a system maybe.

caWaroftheGods
True PlayerTrue Player
WaroftheGods's picture
Location: Calgary
Joined: 27 Sep 2017
Posts: 811
Thanks given: 324
Thanks received: 754
5 February 2019 - 8:39am
#9
CL-Ed wrote:

Yes we've actually updated the article to point out that this is most likely not the biggest win ever in terms of dollar amount. It is the biggest based on the meter on the game though.

When Mega Moolah is won in a currency other than Pounds Sterling the amount of credits on the meter are converted back to Pounds and deducted off the total. So for example if it was won by someone wagering in USD it would have dropped by about £15m at current exchange rates. Seeing as it only dropped about £12m we know that it was won in a currency that is worth less than USD and Euros for example.

Based on exchange rates my guess is probably Canadian dollars... paging Warofthegods ... where are you?!?!? lol

Lol I wasnt that lucky, but I did try the day before and the day of the winning spin.

sharpe

caWaroftheGods
True PlayerTrue Player
WaroftheGods's picture
Location: Calgary
Joined: 27 Sep 2017
Posts: 811
Thanks given: 324
Thanks received: 754
5 February 2019 - 8:42am
#10

That's funny you explained that CL-Ed, I came on here specifically to ask you why Mega Moolah started so high following a jackpot win, now I know why, thanks.

Congratulations to the big winner, with any luck it was won by a close friend of mine lol

sharpe

usbarbadosslim93
Forum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 10870
Thanks given: 642
Thanks received: 1232
5 February 2019 - 4:12pm
#11

Details have come out. Won at Zodiac, and now Microgaming progressives have paid out more than €1 billion. Amazing number.

2 CL-Ed, sharpe

lvblck
Jackpot ChaserJackpot Chaser
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 2413
Thanks given: 119
Thanks received: 671
5 February 2019 - 8:50pm
#12

I was surprised to read about this, because I remember it wasn't long ago when the previous mega win hit. Once again, it's an amazing, life chaning win.

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6426
Thanks given: 2977
Thanks received: 896
7 February 2019 - 7:59pm
#13
barbadosslim93 wrote:

Details have come out. Won at Zodiac, and now Microgaming progressives have paid out more than €1 billion. Amazing number.

Yeah, it really is an amazing number Dustin...I hope not to one and the same person though Wink Smile

caWaroftheGods
True PlayerTrue Player
WaroftheGods's picture
Location: Calgary
Joined: 27 Sep 2017
Posts: 811
Thanks given: 324
Thanks received: 754
14 February 2019 - 11:08am
#14

What do you think the chances are that it climbs very high again, around the 20 million mark again or even higher than that,since it started close to half way there anyways lol

sharpe

fifinfi5h
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 22 Jan 2019
Posts: 12
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 12
27 April 2019 - 9:13pm
#15

Any ideas is it plausible trigger Bonus wheels with 0.25 bet?
I have rotated wheel around 2000times and not a single one bonus wheel.

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 8469
Thanks given: 4551
Thanks received: 3933
29 April 2019 - 6:45am
#16

I think you have just been very unlucky. Someone else posted almost the exact same question here before. I believe on Mega Moolah that bet size does not affect the chance of triggering the bonus round, it modifies the chance of winning the jackpot after you are in the bonus round.

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

Post new comment

Have something to say? Agree or disagree? Tell us what you think!

Login using your social network account
Or log in with a Casino Listings account

Login or register to post comments

Registering for an account takes less than a minute and you will be brought right back here to comment afterwards.