Today the UK Gambling Commission released numbers showing that the gambling industry grew within the country, reaching £13.9 billion in 2017.
The fiscal results ran from October 1, 2016 to September 30th 2017 and revealed:
- Gross Gaming Yield of £13.9 billion, up 0.7%
- Online numbers totaled £4.9 billion, with a 35% market share
- Sector employment down 0.8% to 106,366
- Retail shops down 3.2% to 8,532
- Gaming machines down 0.7% to 183,928
- Licensed arcades down 3.5% to 1,810
- Bingo parlors up 2% to 649
- Casino sites up by 2 to 152
The UK remains one of the world's strongest gambling markets, with a mature online industry. The regulation in the UK is strong, as the regulator regularly has put the kibosh on predatory ads and terms at casinos.
Yeah we know UK have always been one of the leading gambling markets and all the top brands in this business want to be presented there.
It not seems much of a growth that 0.7% but when we speaking about double figures billions it's something else really.