Today the UK Gambling Commission released numbers showing that the gambling industry grew within the country, reaching £13.9 billion in 2017.
The fiscal results ran from October 1, 2016 to September 30th 2017 and revealed:
- Gross Gaming Yield of £13.9 billion, up 0.7%
- Online numbers totaled £4.9 billion, with a 35% market share
- Sector employment down 0.8% to 106,366
- Retail shops down 3.2% to 8,532
- Gaming machines down 0.7% to 183,928
- Licensed arcades down 3.5% to 1,810
- Bingo parlors up 2% to 649
- Casino sites up by 2 to 152
The UK remains one of the world's strongest gambling markets, with a mature online industry. The regulation in the UK is strong, as the regulator regularly has put the kibosh on predatory ads and terms at casinos.