Casino betting group Genting Malaysia Berhard released their first quarter financial results, revealing that Net Profit Growth was up 15.8% during the quarter.
Key financial indicators for the first quarter ending March 31st, 2018 were:
- Profits MYR342.1 million, up from MYR323.9 million last year
- Pre-tax Profit up 15% to MYR397.5 million
- Adjusted EBITDA up 8% to MYR607.7 million
- Lower revenues in the U.S. and Bahamas, as the dollar fell in value against the Ringitt.
- UK and Egypt revenues down 12% to MYR54.9 million
The company also announced that they've opened new facilities and attractions across their properties, which helped boost revenues. The group is also eyeing a $400 million expansion of their Resorts World Casino New York City property.