Gaming firm Aristocrat Leisure has posted their first half 2018 financial results, revealing a rise in profit during the period when compared to the year prior.
Key financial indicators for the first half ending March 31st, 2018 were:
- Reported profit after tax and before amortization of acquired intangibles of $307.6 million, up 12.7% from the year prior
- Post-tax profit up 2.8% to $256.5 million
- Revenue up 28.5% to $1.58 billion
- Normalized NPATA of $361.5 million, up 32.5% from last year
- Normalized post-tax profit up 24.4% to $310.5 million
- Operating revenue up 33.6% to $1.64 billion
Commenting on the results Aristocrat CEO Trevor Corker said, "Aristocrat has delivered another period of strong growth and operational performance, built on outstanding talent, product, technology and improved front end execution.
"The strong 32% profit improvement over the six months demonstrates the soundness of our strategy whilst highlighting our broadening ambition, as we make substantial progress in expanding our addressable market across both digital and land-based segments.
"Aristocrat will continue to push for growth by increasing our strategic investment in design and development, in order to protect and extend market leading positions, whilst attacking attractive adjacencies.
"We will also maintain our focus on successfully integrating our new digital businesses, while accelerating collaboration, in order to fully leverage our deepening digital and land-based capabilities.
"And we will embed a people first, innovative and customer centric culture, that supports our growth ambitions over the long-term."