Delaware Gaming Revenues Fall in 2017

This story was published more than 2 years ago.

The state of Delaware has revealed their 2017 online gambling financial numbers, showing that numbers suffered a double digit decline for the period.

The Delaware Lottery showed that combined online gambling revenues were down 18% to $2.4 million for combined action. Lottery games generated $1.6 million in revenues, which was down 10%, while table games brought in just $559,999 (down 28%) and poker brought in $231,000 (down 48%).

The down market is shocking for those touting online betting in The First State, but could be expected among those in the industry. Delaware has a low population of just about 1 million people, and only a fraction of those are old enough to gamble, with even a smaller portion likely to wager online. It has flagged well behind New Jersey, which has been successful with it's online betting industry, which hauled in $245 million last year.

Things aren't all doom and gloom for Delaware though, as the state is in prime position to begin offering legalized sportsbetting services almost immediately should the U.S. Supreme Court decide that the activity is legal.

About the author

Dustin Jermalowicz // News Editor
Dustin Jermalowicz
Dustin has a long-standing passion for gambling. He has been writing professionally on the subject and breaking industry news for Casino Listings since 2011. His favorite casino games include Blackjack, Poker, and Hi/Lo. A proud native of Detroit, Dustin currently lives in Michigan.
1 reply • Last post

Comments

bgsharpe
Forum AngelForum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 7321
Thanks given: 3947
Thanks received: 1072
18 January 2018 - 6:49pm
#1

Apparently the drop in revenues is quite huge there and I wonder why is that, probably legalizing of sportbetting will boost significantly the incomes I imagine.