Rio in Las Vegas Catches Fire, Affects 900 Hotel Rooms

This story was published more than 3 years ago.

Yesterday an electrical fire at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas caused more than 900 hotel rooms to be evacuated and caused guests to be moved to other hotels in town.

The fire was a result of a plugged sink causing an overflow, which then shorted out an electrical outlet, which then caused a blackout in the Masquerade Tower. A generator then kicked on, but a fire sprinkler then went off and ended up causing the fire to set off.

Hotel staff was quick to respond to the alarms, and moved vacationers staying in the casino's hotel. They were moved at about 7am, and found different rooms for the duration of their stay. In the meantime, players were given drinks and food.

The situation has since been resolved, and the Rio is working on restoring things to normal.

About the author

Dustin Jermalowicz // News Editor
Dustin Jermalowicz
Dustin has a long-standing passion for gambling. He has been writing professionally on the subject and breaking industry news for Casino Listings since 2011. His favorite casino games include Blackjack, Poker, and Hi/Lo. A proud native of Detroit, Dustin currently lives in Michigan.
2 replies • Last post

Comments

bgsharpe
Forum AngelForum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 7345
Thanks given: 3970
Thanks received: 1091
30 December 2016 - 11:53pm
#1

Well, the most important thing is that there's not casualties after that fire, these things happens from time to time and can't be predicted even in a new and modern buildings like these hotels and casinos in Vegas.

lvblck
High RollerHigh Roller
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 2893
Thanks given: 169
Thanks received: 854
1 January 2017 - 12:57pm
#2

As far as I understand, no one had any health difficulties after this? I mean, no one was hurt? Cause that is the most important thing.