This story was published more than 3 years ago.
Yesterday an electrical fire at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas caused more than 900 hotel rooms to be evacuated and caused guests to be moved to other hotels in town.
The fire was a result of a plugged sink causing an overflow, which then shorted out an electrical outlet, which then caused a blackout in the Masquerade Tower. A generator then kicked on, but a fire sprinkler then went off and ended up causing the fire to set off.
Hotel staff was quick to respond to the alarms, and moved vacationers staying in the casino's hotel. They were moved at about 7am, and found different rooms for the duration of their stay. In the meantime, players were given drinks and food.
The situation has since been resolved, and the Rio is working on restoring things to normal.