Internet betting firm bet365 has released its full year financial results, noting a £50 million growth in operating profit.
Key financial indicators for the full year ending March 27th, 2016 were:
- Operating profit up at £456 million compared to the £406 achieved in the preceding year;
- Pre-tax profit up £459 million (£409 million previously);
- Revenue of £1.55 billion - up 5 percent;
- Sportsbetting turnover up 6% at £ 36.9 billion - up £2.3 million;
- Employee headcount now at 3,404 - up from 3,179 in the preceding year. This is in addition to 297 casual match-day staff employed during the period;
- The firm opening of the first Bet365 satellite office in Manchester, which will lead to the creation of 70 jobs;
- In-play betting channel delivered 72% of sports wagering, down 3% from the previous year, but mobile revenues were nevertheless up 36% y-o-y;
- Active customer numbers up 11% y-o-y, with lifetime signups over 23 million;
- Stoke City, a football club owned by Bet365, reported a £8.5 million profit - a significant improvement on the previous year's £232 million loss, made more impressive by the annual employee expenses rising £14.3 million to £77.2 million; -Investments in other industries during the year totalled £125 million;
- Cash reserves of £1.1 billion.
Bet365 is one of the few online casinos that holds a five-star review here at Casino Listings. The casino is lauded for its huge game library, sportsbook, fast payouts, and excellent bonuses.