0
$ £

Golden Nugget Online Casino to Offer Live Dealer Games

This week it was revealed that the Golden Nugget Casino in Atlantic City is gearing up to launch live dealer games, a first for the United States in a regulated online betting site.

The games will allow players to partake in a series of table games, which will have dealers webcasted to player screens. Players will play out the actions on their screens, which will then be completed by the dealers at the casino. The games will launch on Thursday to select players, with a wider release coming later on.

The Golden Nugget recently overtook the Borgata for the largest share of online gaming revenues in New Jersey, raking in $3.5 million in June.

Casino Listings will take a look at the games as they are released and will review them for players inside the Garden State.

8 replies • Last post

Comments

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 3547
Thanks given: 1146
Thanks received: 372
14 August 2016 - 8:18pm
#1

Didn't know that there aren't live dealer games online so far in the states. Certainly Golden Nugget looks to be keen to succeed in this direction of the business.

caactmyname
GamblerGambler
actmyname's picture
Joined: 13 Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Thanks given: 7
Thanks received: 24
14 August 2016 - 8:22pm
#2
sharpe wrote:

Didn't know that there aren't live dealer games online so far in the states. Certainly Golden Nugget looks to be keen to succeed in this direction of the business.

It would add an extra degree of credibility to the games, I would say. Most of the live dealer games (although they are physical) seem to lack that professional feel, at least that was my experience thus far.

lvblck
Fortune HunterFortune Hunter
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 1914
Thanks given: 108
Thanks received: 487
14 August 2016 - 8:29pm
#3

Maybe this is an odd question but which software would provide the live dealer games? To be honest, I used to be a fan for live games but since I discovered slots my interest is gone. I would only play landbased live games.

caactmyname
GamblerGambler
actmyname's picture
Joined: 13 Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Thanks given: 7
Thanks received: 24
14 August 2016 - 8:37pm
#4
blck wrote:

Maybe this is an odd question but which software would provide the live dealer games? To be honest, I used to be a fan for live games but since I discovered slots my interest is gone. I would only play landbased live games.

Although I can't answer your question, I have a point to raise - if you're playing the slots for pure entertainment (and are going to use your entire bankroll only for fun) then so be it, but if it's anything otherwise, I'd like to note that slots have probably the highest house edge out of all of the casino games. The flashing colors and bright shiny graphics are purely there for bait. If you enjoy the jackpot aspect of it, there's always video poker as an option.

Most of the live dealer games that I've played (from 5Dimes) have been fine, and they offer more security than a web-based one where you aren't completely sure if it's provably fair.

lvblck
Fortune HunterFortune Hunter
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 1914
Thanks given: 108
Thanks received: 487
14 August 2016 - 8:44pm
#5
actmyname wrote:

Although I can't answer your question, I have a point to raise - if you're playing the slots for pure entertainment (and are going to use your entire bankroll only for fun) then so be it, but if it's anything otherwise, I'd like to note that slots have probably the highest house edge out of all of the casino games. The flashing colors and bright shiny graphics are purely there for bait. If you enjoy the jackpot aspect of it, there's always video poker as an option.

Most of the live dealer games that I've played (from 5Dimes) have been fine, and they offer more security than a web-based one where you aren't completely sure if it's provably fair.

I get that, but if you're not a "professional" table game player, it's quite possible that you'll lose sooner. For example, the payout potential Dead or Alive slot game has even with minimum stakes is much more impressive than any table game payout, just in my opinion.

caactmyname
GamblerGambler
actmyname's picture
Joined: 13 Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Thanks given: 7
Thanks received: 24
14 August 2016 - 11:08pm
#6
blck wrote:

I get that, but if you're not a "professional" table game player, it's quite possible that you'll lose sooner. For example, the payout potential Dead or Alive slot game has even with minimum stakes is much more impressive than any table game payout, just in my opinion.

Though it may appear that way, you need to keep in mind that the statistics will prove that in the long run, slots are much worse to play. And, as an added bonus: with house edge, the more you play (slots require a lot of spins on average) the more the house edge affects you.

You would be losing more by consistently betting rather than going all-in, on average. (These are just statistical probabilities, remember that variance always is a key factor)

lvblck
Fortune HunterFortune Hunter
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 1914
Thanks given: 108
Thanks received: 487
14 August 2016 - 11:22pm
#7
actmyname wrote:

Though it may appear that way, you need to keep in mind that the statistics will prove that in the long run, slots are much worse to play. And, as an added bonus: with house edge, the more you play (slots require a lot of spins on average) the more the house edge affects you.

You would be losing more by consistently betting rather than going all-in, on average. (These are just statistical probabilities, remember that variance always is a key factor)

Although I get that, my personal experience shows otherwise. Anyways I am not entertained by live games or table games so..

caactmyname
GamblerGambler
actmyname's picture
Joined: 13 Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Thanks given: 7
Thanks received: 24
15 August 2016 - 12:12am
#8
blck wrote:

Although I get that, my personal experience shows otherwise. Anyways I am not entertained by live games or table games so..

I understand. The main aspect is fun and entertainment, right? Well, just as long as you don't get carried away Smile

Share this