Crown Resorts Employee Charged With Rigging a Dice Game

This story was published more than 5 years ago.

This week it was revealed that a Crown Resorts employee has been charged with fixing a dice game that he was in charge of in order to dole out more than A$100,000 to his friends.

The man was caught by casino security while he was in charge with of a sic bo table, wherein he made improper payouts of wagers to his friends. The scheme saw the employee and the friends meeting up at Melbourne University after the fact to split up the winnings. The employee would take 65% of the cut, while the friends would split the remaining 35%.

Once they were aware of the scam, Crown Resorts contacted authorities, who charged the employee and his five friends were charged with obtaining property by deception.

Casino Listings will update this story as more developments arise.

About the author

Jeremy Wilson // Senior Editor
Jeremy Wilson
Jeremy has senior editorial responsibilities across all areas of the site. He lives in Sydney, Australia and has been working with Casino Listings in various roles since its inception in 2007. His go-to game is Blackjack.