European country Montenegro has decided to offer online gambling licenses beginning in January of 2012.
Montenegro had passed online gambling legislation earlier in the year and is set to raise funds for its coffers through the taxation of online casino operators. Currently the advantages of a Montenegro gaming license are listed as:
- A corporate and personal tax of 9%
- No minimum capital required to apply for a license
- Licenses in as little as one week with a two day registration process
- Profits and interest can be remitted without restrictions
- Quality banking and web hosting services
The Montenegro gaming authority e-Gambling Montenegro released a statement this week saying to casino operators:
"From any part of the world you are able to arrange the foundation of a company, its online gaming licence, open a bank account, online bank card acceptance and server hosting. Everything can be arranged in only one place and at a competitive price."