Never heard of Plataea? Frankly, neither had we until we caught word of this 5 reel, 50 payline slot from the team at WMS. For those of you not in the know, the name of this game refers to an epic battle between the forces of Xerxes of Persia and various city-states situated in modern-day Greece. Think of it like something akin to the Movie 300, and think of this slot as a unique opportunity to build up a mountain of riches so high that even ancient rulers would be envious of it!
Plataea is an all-around solid offering that is sure to appeal to those who love a good, old-fashioned, ancient throwdown. It will also appeal to those gamers that enjoy an old-school, straightforward gaming experience with few of the frills of the newer games. The presentation is austere, yet cool in an early 90s graphics kind of way. Meanwhile, the gameplay is also very easy to pick up with only bonus feature on hand. Have three or more Parthenon symbols appear anywhere on the screen to earn 10 free spins during which the icons are configured in a way that is potentially more profitable to you.
How to play Plataea
Plataea offers up the normal panel of controls you will find in just about any WMS slot, namely:
- Help/Pays - If you have a burning desire to find out more about Plataea, then click on this button and scroll through the screens that follow.
- Autoplay - Battling the slots all day can be hard. Why not let the computer do it for you by pushing this button?
- C/QB - Push this button to change between two betting interfaces.
- Bet/Line +/- (only appears under C menu) - These buttons will adjust the number of credits per line and lines in play.
- Bet Amount (only appears under QB menu) - In this betting panel you scroll to your desired ante bet.
- Spin - Click here to spin the reels.