Megasaur is a prehistoric inspired game from the team at RTG that brings you 25 paylines, a feature guarantee, grouped wilds, and free spins that are activated by a scatter icon and also include a pick-em bonus element to them. Did we mention that dinosaurs are involved as well? Indeed, they very much are, giving you even more reason to play this fine game whose weakest point is definitely the weird and unpredictable jackpot system.
Unsurprisingly, this game is all about the Megausaurs. What do we mean by this? Well, aside from the obvious title and theme ramifications, this large and vicious fellow also has quite an impact on the gameplay too. The green dinosaur is a grouped wild on the second reel, while the red fellow is a grouped wild on the fourth reel. Also, if you have three moons appear on the screen, you will win 2, 5, or 10 free games (you pick from three boxes to see how many you will get). This game also offers up the feature guarantee system and a win-win payout guarantee that can save you if you have a hopeless bonus round.
My main beef with this game is the way the progressive jackpot is won. Firstly, the only time you can win this jackpot is during a free spins bonus round. Depending on your bet size, you may be playing for one, two, or three jackpots: the Minor, Major, or Mega. Now for the clincher: the jackpots are randomly activated at the start of a free spins round. So sometimes you have a chance of winning a jackpot and sometimes you don't. Whoever thought up this system needs to be taken out the back and fed to a Megasaur.
How to play Megausaur
I have never encountered any Megasaurs myself, but I imagine dealing with this slot is easier than going toe-to-toe with these gargantuan things. Do that by acquainting yourself with the following buttons:
- Autoplay - Enable the autoplay function with the help of this button.
- Bet Level: +/- - Megausaur lets you choose one of three bet levels: minor, major, and mega. Decide which you will use with the help of these two buttons.
- Spin - Ready to get things going? Great! Do it up by pushing this button.
- Menu - If you feel like toggling technical things like the graphics or the autoplay feature then click here and use the appropriate sub-menu.
- Help - Want more information about Megausar? Then push here and the next “help” button to learn more!