While very strong in terms of presentation, Lucky 8 from RTG is just not strong enough in the gameplay department to warrant coming back to it regularly. It may be more your cup of tea than mine however, if you happen to be big on the theme of the Lucky 8, something of a favourite in Chinese culture.
Lucky 8 information
Lucky 8 is definitely strong in terms of presentation. We say this primarily due to the theme, which is naturally very China-heavy. It features things like an 8, the Great Wall of China, and various other symbols of Chinese culture. The graphics are well drawn and executed, although it is a bit of a shame that music is only present when the reels are spinning.
There is really only one gameplay feature here: a free spins bonus that is activated by having at least three 8 scatters appear on screen. You win – what else – 8 free spins that can benefit from a 2x, 3x, 5x, or 8x multliplier on any given go-around. There is also a "Win-Win" sort of guarantee where the game will pay out some bonus winnings if you hit one of those free spins rounds that we all hate where you win next to nothing. In fact if you go through a free spins round winless, you will be paid 88x your bet by the Win-Win feature.
How to play Lucky 8
Read enough about Lucky 8 to make you want to play? That’s understandable. To jump into the action you will have to learn the following commands:
- Bet: +/- - These two buttons raise and lower the bet level, respectively.
- Autoplay - Feel like letting the computer do more of the work? The way to do that is to enable the autoplay feature with the help of this button.
- Lines: +/- - Lucky 8 lets you play up to 25 paylines. Determine how many you will play with the help of these two buttons.
- Spin - Exactly what it sounds like, pushing this button will start the reels on their way.
- Menu - Clicking this button will allow you to toggle two additional sets of options: autoplay options and player options. The latter allows you toggle things like sound and graphics.
- Help - Click here and then click on “help” once again to bring up the paytable.