It's nice to see a game whose theme actually centers on an important historical set of events. So, those of you who thought that this might be hyper-futuristic game revolving around a cool, sleek race between cutting-edge spaceships will be disappointed. Space Race is actually based on the technological race between the United States and the Soviet Union that spanned several decades of the Cold War.
Space Race information
The symbols used in this game are reminiscent of space objects found in the 1950s and 1960s. They include things like the original Sputnik satellite and an old-school astronaut orbiting the earth. This is also perhaps why the graphics appear a bit outdated, for it would be inaccurate to represent the old space race as something new and flashy!
As far as the gameplay goes, Space Race offers up three bonus features: a wild symbol, a scatter icon that links to a free spins, and a unique Pick-'em style bonus game. Click on the "paytable" button for more information about how these are activated and what you stand to win.
How to play Space Race
Unlike the real-life space race, this slot does not necessitate years of research or millions and millions of dollars and rubles. Instead, all you need to know is how to work the following simple buttons:
- Coin Value - Change around the coin denomination using this button.
- Coins - Pressing this button will determine how many coins you will play per line. You may play between 1 and 5.
- Lines - Pick how many pay lines you wish to activate by pushing this button. You may play up to 20.
- Bet Max - Select 20 paylines and 5 coins per line in one motion by pushing this button.
- Spin - Get the race underway by pushing this button which activates the reels.
- Autoplay - If you want to let the slot do more of the work, click on this button to activate the autoplay function.
- Paytable - Push here to bring up more information about Space Race.