About French Roulette
Roulet à la française, or French Roulette, is basically European Roulette featuring a unique table layout and is most commonly found in Monte Carlo casinos. It features 37 numbered pots instead of the American 38 - the difference being that American Roulette has the extra 00 pot which adds significantly to the house edge.
How to play French Roulette
In roulette you have a wealth of betting options at your disposal. As is to be expected, the payout amount is inversely proportional to the probability of winning. You may bet anywhere between $1 and $500 on any combination of the following types of bets:
- Bet on a colour, i.e. red or black: this gives you a slightly less than 50% chance of doubling the amount you bet.
- Bet on all odds or evens: once again, this affords you a marginally lower than 50-50 possibility of doubling the amount put down.
- Bet on either the first half of the numbers, 1-18 or the second half, 19-36. Again, you have a slightly less than 1 in 2 chance to double the amount bet.
- Bet on either the first dozen, second dozen, or third dozen: betting this gives you a slightly less than one-in-three chance of tripling the bet amount.
- Bet on a "column": again, you have nearly a 33% chance of earning three times your bet.
- Bet on a three line (street), corner (square), or split: by putting a bet on the border between individual number boxes, you can cover two, three, or four particular numbers.
- Bet straight up on a number: this affords you a less than a 3% chance to earn 35 times what you put down a single number.
Having a tough time keeping track of all this? No need to worry - the lit panels and the payout table make it very easy to keep track of your bets. The house edge of 2.7% comes in the form of the single 0, which can only be bet upon straight-up and does not fall into any of the other aforementioned betting types. However it is a far better proposition than the 5.26% house edge held by a game of American Roulette.
All things considered, French Roulette is not so different from other variations of the game. Chances are that you will be a fan of this take on roulette if you play or enjoy the classic version.
This is yet another good looking roulette game.I played ita while ago at Slotjoint casino and lately in other places too. The payouts are good as in any other roulette but I really like the graphics and layouts.