Blackjack is the most popular casino card game played against the house, as the outcome can be affected significantly by skill as opposed to pure luck. Players attempt to beat the dealer by drawing cards to get as close as possible to a total of 21 without busting.
Our Net Entertainment blackjack game features 4 decks of 52 cards. The dealer stands on soft 17, you may double on any two cards, double after split is permitted except split Aces, and there is no re-splitting.
How to play Blackjack
Years of mathematical analysis by boffins with large brains and even larger computers has proved that when played correctly, blackjack has one of the lowest house edges of any game in the casino. There is in fact a single correct call to be made on every possible combination of cards dealt in the game. And luckily enough for you, you can consult our basic strategy chart on this page which tells you exactly when and what to do to play the perfect game of blackjack. All you have to do is this:
- Place your bet and deal the cards
- Find your 2 card hand on the left column of the basic strategy chart.
- Find the dealer's single visible card along the top row of the basic strategy chart.
- Simply find the square where the column and row intersect and do what it says there.
- One other thing - never take insurance as it is a sucker bet.
That's it. Now practice, practice, practice and you'll soon remember what to do without even looking at the chart. Playing a perfect game of blackjack reduces the casino house edge to under 0.5% - or 50 cents for every $100 wagered. With few exceptions, that is about as close as you will get to a 50:50 game in the casino.
- Blackjack guide - guide to blackjack terms, how to play, and basic strategy.
- Best blackjack bonuses - ranked list of the best blackjack casinos bonuses available.
- Beginner's guide to casino bonuses - explains the different types of casino bonuses available.
- Bonus clearing strategies - how to use casino bonus "whoring" techniques while playing blackjack to turn the odds in your favour and earn low risk profits.