usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Thanks given: 847
Thanks received: 2154
29 September 2022 - 7:18pm

New NFL Season

12 replies • Last post

Hey all, has anyone been watching the new NFL season? What are your thoughts? I have been surprised at how bad Tampa Bay has looked, despite their 2-1 record. My Lions are hanging in there, and had a very realistic chance of being 2-1 (or 3-0), if not for some boneheaded mistakes from their head coach. He's a hell of a guy and can get the team to play hard for him, but he needs to stop costing them games.

What have been your thoughts through the first three weeks?

bgsharpe
Forum AngelForum Angel
sharpe's picture
Thanks given: 4239
Thanks received: 1165
3 October 2022 - 12:55pm

I haven't seen a single game in full slim and I've missed week 1 but have been watching full replays of RedZone for W 2&3 so I'm about to see W4 now as well.

So far I think the Lions are definitely better and tougher ( like their coach) from they used to be in the last couple of seasons which would make the division quite competitive.

Heard that Rodgers signed a 3 year extension when many have been speaking about retirement... so I'm glad he'll stay but I'm still not convinced GB are tough enough team to compete in the play-offs.. if they get there anyway.

There's many players who's gone to a new teams and especially some quarterback changes which will make the league quite unpredictable I think (probably more than ever!), so for now from what I've seen there's not a clear favorites for going to the SB...at least for me.

usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
4 October 2022 - 7:38pm

My Lions are sucking it up (go figure). They've got the #1 ranked offense in the league, but have the #32 ranked defense (dead last). Combined with questionable coaching calls, the team is 1-3 and if they don't win this week against the Patriots, it's season over.

There are a lot of players that have shifted teams, sharpe. Kansas City still looks good, but the NFC is wide open. Let's see how it plays out!

bgsharpe
Forum AngelForum Angel
sharpe's picture
7 October 2022 - 1:28pm
Quote:

My Lions are sucking it up (go figure). They've got the #1 ranked offense in the league, but have the #32 ranked defense (dead last).

Wasn't aware of those stats...but for me this should be good enough at least in the regular season...isn't it!?

Quote:

Combined with questionable coaching calls..

Yep, this added to the previous really explains their current record I guess.

usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
7 October 2022 - 2:49pm

Did you see the Thursday Night game last night? It was seriously the worst football game I've watched in a long time. 12-9.. all field goals. Terrible QB plays on both sides from Denver and Indianapolis.

usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
11 October 2022 - 6:09pm

AAAAND the Lions season is over. 1-4 and their coach just keeps costing them. Lions fandom is the saddest.

bgsharpe
Forum AngelForum Angel
sharpe's picture
14 October 2022 - 11:19am
barbadosslim93 wrote:

Did you see the Thursday Night game last night? It was seriously the worst football game I've watched in a long time. 12-9.. all field goals. Terrible QB plays on both sides from Denver and Indianapolis.

No mate, I haven't.. I'm still watching the Red zone from the last week 😳..after your review though I wouldn't be bothered even watching the highlights from that one...not a Russell Wilson fan at all so ... not exactly frustrated about it.

bgsharpe
Forum AngelForum Angel
sharpe's picture
14 October 2022 - 11:27am
barbadosslim93 wrote:

AAAAND the Lions season is over. 1-4 and their coach just keeps costing them. Lions fandom is the saddest.

Yeah I know, commiserations for that slim, I really thought they'd be better this season... but just keep appointing the wrong head coaches I guess, yet another one to be sacked...?!?

Or you think they'll give him time till the end of season to at least try to improve the style/results and potentially have a go next season...maybe without the tension of making the play-offs they would play better...who knows.

usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
18 October 2022 - 7:00pm

I think he gets until next season. I just wish he'd stay aggressive but not stupid aggressive. Why go for it 4th and 9 when you're in field goal range? WHYYYYYY?

sharpe

plNowak
Low RollerLow Roller
Thanks received: 4
27 January 2023 - 8:59am

We are soon to see AFC and NFC championship games and I have to admit, didn't think Eagles would be there when season started. Mahomes is new gen quarterback and star in the league, but battling an injury, he might have tough road to Super Bowl 😢

usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
27 January 2023 - 3:49pm

I put a $5 free bet on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl at 20:1. Needless to say that's who I'm pulling for.

Looking at my post from October, you can tell how much the Lions turned their season around. They started 1-6, and eventually righted the ship and ended 9-8 by winning 8 of their last 10. They were in the playoff hunt until that last day of the season, and I think they would have probably won a game or two had they gotten in. I'm optimistic for next season!

ltVanilipas
Slots FanSlots Fan
Vanilipas's picture
Thanks given: 61
Thanks received: 270
27 January 2023 - 4:55pm

I lost my interest to the playoffs this year after what happened in my fantasy league. I took the last place and now I am forced to write a song and to sing in next season's our fantasy opener a song which must have humiliating text about my team. I thought I will never take last place, 11 seasons was doing good. And now I had -4 points and Stefon Diggs on starting line up. And as you know this Bills Bengal game was cancelled. Until now cant understand why.
But I hope Eagles gonna win it 🙂 I like them this year.

bgsharpe
Forum AngelForum Angel
sharpe's picture
5 February 2023 - 1:59pm
barbadosslim93 wrote:

Looking at my post from October, you can tell how much the Lions turned their season around. They started 1-6, and eventually righted the ship and ended 9-8 by winning 8 of their last 10. They were in the playoff hunt until that last day of the season, and I think they would have probably won a game or two had they gotten in. I'm optimistic for next season!

Just posted on the other NFL thread in regards to that before checking this one...we've got too many NFL threads!!🙂

Quote:

I put a $5 free bet on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl at 20:1. Needless to say that's who I'm pulling for.

Even though not a winning one that's always the right approach slim.. if you ask me.. those 5$ probably have made the play offs even more exiting for you..so a nice one👍