bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
28 February 2019 - 7:43pm

Drunkaholics (+18) / US(+21) ;)

54 replies • Last post

Hey guys,

Kind of tired of rakia (that's like the local whiskey here) and vodka (no, not really Smile ) so I've being wondering what you guys have been drinking...and by that I don't mean Coke as the title above suggests Wink , or you are just like me.. trough a different phases and accordingly drinks?!

To be honest I could consume literally any kind of drink that contains alcohol..beside for Gin maybe...grrr...but not so disgusted since I've discovered the Bombay Wink

devomvom12
Gold PlayerGold Player
vomvom12's picture
Location: earth
Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 499
Thanks given: 454
Thanks received: 502
28 February 2019 - 9:25pm
#1

hey mate
when i drink and i dont drink that mutch it is beer most of the time...some cocktails here and there
but not when i am out because it is way to expensive...so mainly beer

sharpe

auCL - klaw
StaffStaff
CL - klaw's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 3 Mar 2014
Posts: 1617
Thanks given: 2452
Thanks received: 373
28 February 2019 - 11:35pm
#2

I do like a red wine or a rose.

But in terms of spirits a friend introduced me to tequila shots with orange and cinnamon it's really nice and much better than the usual lemon/salt combination.

2 sharpe, vomvom12

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 8376
Thanks given: 4518
Thanks received: 3861
1 March 2019 - 4:12am
#3

+16: is that a misprint or is that the legal age to drink in Bulgaria? It is 18+ here.

I'm fine with wine, beer, whatever. Though with spirits it has to be in a nice mix, I don't like them straight up.

I think the worst thing I ever drank was this super strong Chinese rice wine. It felt like I was drinking rocket fuel but it was so bad and so strong that I did not drink a lot of it. I'm not keen on tequila either after a bad experience a long time ago when I was younger. I think we've all got a least favourite drink like that!

sharpe

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

krcoolsongss
Jackpot ChaserJackpot Chaser
coolsongss's picture
Joined: 2 Dec 2014
Posts: 2336
Thanks given: 1632
Thanks received: 1156
1 March 2019 - 1:03pm
#4

I used to be a heavy drinker. I liked Absolute vodka, Johnny Walker Black, many beers.

But, I completely stopped drinking from November 2014, because of the terrible gout attacks in the middle of 2014...
Now I haven't drunk a sip at all over 4 years, huh.

The first two years was quite difficult.

What I surprisingly realized was that the beer commercials, you know late nights, are a very strong stimulus kind of deep thirst for alcohol, which I never felt like that when I was a drinker Smile

2 sharpe, vomvom12

usbarbadosslim93
Forum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 10777
Thanks given: 636
Thanks received: 1185
1 March 2019 - 4:47pm
#5

I'm a beer guy myself, and recently I've fallen in love with sour beer, which I didn't know existed until I was on a trip. I've been drinking one called "Freedom of Speach", which a peach flavored sour beer. I've also found one that is made in my state that is a raspberry ale that tastes like a Lambic.

I'm with Ed though: no tequila for me. I had it when I was younger and I remember going to class and just rocking back and forth on my desk and I fell over. Now the taste of it makes me queasy. Sick

sharpe

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
1 March 2019 - 8:52pm
#6
Quote:

+16: is that a misprint or is that the legal age to drink in Bulgaria? It is 18+ here.

Wasn't a misprint Ed, to be honest I wasn't sure there's any law at all for that here but after a check ..it's above 18 like most of the places.It's been corrected.

I didn't had any issues buying alcohol in my time when I was like 13 (never been asked the question) and looking at some of the today's kids I don't think they have too much of a problem either..but at least on paper... there is a rule.

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
1 March 2019 - 9:28pm
#7
vomvom12 wrote:

hey mate
when i drink and i dont drink that mutch it is beer most of the time...some cocktails here and there
but not when i am out because it is way to expensive...so mainly beer

Yeah I'm having the same problem going out...which is not too often these days to be honest..but at least you're having some of the words finest beers out there man!

vomvom12

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
1 March 2019 - 10:32pm
#8
CL - klaw wrote:

I do like a red wine or a rose.

But in terms of spirits a friend introduced me to tequila shots with orange and cinnamon it's really nice and much better than the usual lemon/salt combination.

That sounds to be a tasty mixture there klaw, never tried such one..hopefully the next mourning headache is not too serious Wink

I've been quitting on the red line for a few years but just recently I've rediscovered it..and it was nice...far away from being an expert about it though.

devomvom12
Gold PlayerGold Player
vomvom12's picture
Location: earth
Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 499
Thanks given: 454
Thanks received: 502
1 March 2019 - 10:35pm
#9
sharpe wrote:

Yeah I'm having the same problem going out...which is not too often these days to be honest..but at least you're having some of the words finest beers out there man!

1350 breweries...between 5000-6000 different beers
but my favorite beers are from belgium (leffe blond) and czechia (budweiser budvar)

sharpe

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
1 March 2019 - 11:15pm
#10

So a lot of beer fans here a? Dustin seems to be the expert Smile

I've had never tasted one of those fruit flavored sour beers...it has to be quite different taste..Lambic as well and I'm bit conservative when it comes to the beer...

Can't think of what the occasion was but once I've decided to buy myself the most expensive beer that I find in the nearest grocery store so I've done that..it wasn't that expensive...just like 5x the beer I'm buying usually and it's been a German one..so I thought 'that's nice'..so I've opened it up and just about to start drinking it when I saw the label with the 0% alcohol mark...I was devastated...couldn't return it cause it's been opened, it was hot as hell..and just then I've started realizing I'm not having enough cash of buying another beer... and the taste of that didn't liked me at all...this been the last time I've been experimenting with a beer....when I'm not having enough money to get another one anyway Smile

vomvom12

idbossulo
Gold PlayerGold Player
bossulo's picture
Location: JAVA
Joined: 7 Oct 2017
Posts: 729
Thanks given: 542
Thanks received: 431
3 March 2019 - 10:55am
#11

I'm not sure about that. Never drink so I don't really understand how drinks taste. But I have a friend who drinks every night because near my house there is a star brand beer company whose products are exported abroad.

I'm a big fan of caffeine and nicotine. I drink 5-10 cups of robusta and arabica coffee, also 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day.

sharpe

auCL - klaw
StaffStaff
CL - klaw's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 3 Mar 2014
Posts: 1617
Thanks given: 2452
Thanks received: 373
3 March 2019 - 10:43pm
#12

The most puke worthy alcoholic beverage is sambucca, IMO. During my uni days bars used to serve warmed up yellow sambucca called a urine sample....stupidity of youth. Was disgusting doing down and even worse coming back up Sick

2 sharpe, vomvom12

devomvom12
Gold PlayerGold Player
vomvom12's picture
Location: earth
Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 499
Thanks given: 454
Thanks received: 502
4 March 2019 - 9:45am
#13
CL - klaw wrote:

The most puke worthy alcoholic beverage is sambucca, IMO. During my uni days bars used to serve warmed up yellow sambucca called a urine sample....stupidity of youth. Was disgusting doing down and even worse coming back up Sick

oh yes cl-klaw pure sambucca taste really disgusting...i can not understand that some people
drink it pure !
but have you ever taste a "slippery nipple" ...it is 1/2 oz. sambuca and 1/2 oz. baileys.
if you have not taste one so far give it a try ...it is a great shot

my favorite drinks beside beer are "white russian" and "mojito".
the problem with the "white russian" is to get the kahlua (it is a coffee liqueur) which you
wont find in a normal supermarkt her

cheers

sharpe

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
4 March 2019 - 7:25pm
#14

Ha-ha..The White Russian!?!...just heard of it never tested it my self but I'm definitely curious about it as for that Sambucca shot mate...it looks to be nice...but that's a weird choice of a name there anyway..won't ask why is that Smile

cqw6gwy.gif

vomvom12

auCL - klaw
StaffStaff
CL - klaw's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 3 Mar 2014
Posts: 1617
Thanks given: 2452
Thanks received: 373
4 March 2019 - 11:42pm
#15

Ah, yes the slippery nipple - have had a few of those shots in my time Beer
That's interesting Kahlua is hard to get where you're from - what do you use when making Tiramisu?

2 sharpe, vomvom12

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 8376
Thanks given: 4518
Thanks received: 3861
5 March 2019 - 5:02am
#16
vomvom12 wrote:

1350 breweries...between 5000-6000 different beers
but my favorite beers are from belgium (leffe blond) and czechia (budweiser budvar)

Ah yes, I spent a month in Germany during 2006 following the World Cup football and I can safely say I have never drunk as much before or since. By the end of the trip I was smashing down those huge steins with ease. My friend became known as the Cupmeister because he was always able to collect about three times as many cups as we used so he was making a fortune every time he returned them for the money refund. I really like that system, it encourages people to not throw things away.

The beer in the halls and beer gardens there never seemed to give me a bad hangover which made it even better. So the beer was all good... the jager bombs on the other hand... another vomit worthy drink!

2 sharpe, vomvom12

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

usbarbadosslim93
Forum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 10777
Thanks given: 636
Thanks received: 1185
5 March 2019 - 2:02pm
#17

Oh man, those beer halls sound amazing. I want to visit for a period and become known as Du-stein!

3 CL - klaw, sharpe, vomvom12

devomvom12
Gold PlayerGold Player
vomvom12's picture
Location: earth
Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 499
Thanks given: 454
Thanks received: 502
6 March 2019 - 8:03am
#18
CL - klaw wrote:

Ah, yes the slippery nipple - have had a few of those shots in my time Beer
That's interesting Kahlua is hard to get where you're from - what do you use when making Tiramisu?

as you may know, the germans are a bit pedantic and according to the original recipe, no alcohol gets into a tiramisu. but most people put either marsala or amaretto into the tiramisu...

anyway, i only could found kahlua in a special liquor store...i was also a little surprised

sharpe

devomvom12
Gold PlayerGold Player
vomvom12's picture
Location: earth
Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 499
Thanks given: 454
Thanks received: 502
6 March 2019 - 8:12am
#19
CL-Ed wrote:

The beer in the halls and beer gardens there never seemed to give me a bad hangover which made it even better. So the beer was all good... the jager bombs on the other hand... another vomit worthy drink!

hahaha yes jägermeister is very popular here especially in the club and electronic music scene

sharpe

devomvom12
Gold PlayerGold Player
vomvom12's picture
Location: earth
Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 499
Thanks given: 454
Thanks received: 502
6 March 2019 - 9:48am
#20
sharpe wrote:

Ha-ha..The White Russian!?!...just heard of it never tested it my self but I'm definitely curious about it as for that Sambucca shot mate...it looks to be nice...but that's a weird choice of a name there anyway..won't ask why is that Smile

never had one ? you have to...it taste great
and what is good for el duderino couldn't be bad for you lol lol

sharpe

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
6 March 2019 - 11:24am
#21
vomvom12 wrote:

never had one ? you have to...it taste great
and what is good for el duderino couldn't be bad for you lol lol

Ha-ha, Yeah I've had always wanted but probably too lazy to find all the needed ingredients, definitely have to try it someday...dude! Wink

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
6 March 2019 - 1:03pm
#22

vomvom12

bge_abrams
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 1 Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 9
6 March 2019 - 5:19pm
#23

I've never been a hard drinker in my life, so I prefer beer too. Occasionally a glass of good wine.

sharpe

caWaroftheGods
True PlayerTrue Player
WaroftheGods's picture
Location: Calgary
Joined: 27 Sep 2017
Posts: 793
Thanks given: 315
Thanks received: 740
8 March 2019 - 3:28am
#24

I've always been a beer guy, Kokanee or if money was tight, Keystone. I partied way too much when I was younger, I always switched from beer to hard liquor at some point through the night.
One drink I frequently ordered was shots of Jose Cuervo tequila.

My recommendation is Crown Royal and 7up

2 sharpe, vomvom12

devomvom12
Gold PlayerGold Player
vomvom12's picture
Location: earth
Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 499
Thanks given: 454
Thanks received: 502
10 March 2019 - 9:32am
#25
WaroftheGods wrote:

I've always been a beer guy, Kokanee or if money was tight, Keystone. I partied way too much when I was younger, I always switched from beer to hard liquor at some point through the night.
One drink I frequently ordered was shots of Jose Cuervo tequila.

My recommendation is Crown Royal and 7up

i definitely have to taste some of the canadian beer i only know the american which i dont like very
much

sharpe

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
11 March 2019 - 6:19pm
#26
vomvom12 wrote:

i definitely have to taste some of the canadian beer i only know the american which i dont like very
much

Ha-ha...Dustin might have something to say about that... Wink

I suppose they might be quite similar or...??

vomvom12

usbarbadosslim93
Forum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 10777
Thanks given: 636
Thanks received: 1185
11 March 2019 - 6:42pm
#27
WaroftheGods wrote:

I've always been a beer guy, Kokanee or if money was tight, Keystone. I partied way too much when I was younger, I always switched from beer to hard liquor at some point through the night.
One drink I frequently ordered was shots of Jose Cuervo tequila.

My recommendation is Crown Royal and 7up

Hailing from Canada, what are your thoughts on Moosehead? When I was a poor college student I'd go across the border into Windsor and I could buy those for a dollar or so each. Imagine my surprise when I moved a few hours away and found the price of that beer had surged in my local American bar to a whopping $2!

Now that I can afford better things, I haven't had that beer in forever, and it actually isn't available anymore. But man, buying a night's worth of beer with a pocket full of change is something I won't soon forget.

sharpe

cyVanilipas
Slots FanSlots Fan
Vanilipas's picture
Location: Ignalina, Lithuania
Joined: 5 Apr 2016
Posts: 1108
Thanks given: 33
Thanks received: 211
12 March 2019 - 10:10am
#28

My grandfather was alcoholic, my father has problem with this as well but had a better fortune here. I dont know why but alcohol never attracted me and actually i was using it just because of friends. Also i never used alcohol two days in a row and i cant imagine how people can look at it next day. Usually i drink alcohol two times per year, sometimes i dont drink all year long at all. Never liked strong drinks as vodka, brandy and so on. For me always were better something tasty. But anyway i never liked that feeling of being drunk. I am really wondering why me and my brother dont have that addiction:) But i am really happy about that. Despite both my grandpa and father never were aggressive because of the alcohol but it works negative on health. My grandpa would be alive until now if not vodka.
This year i already was using alcohol once and it happened on this Sunday. My father came to visit me and we drank some beer and wine. He had brandy as well but i refused. So i lost that day. When i feel drunk i cant do something else just communicate. Because i had good Friday and Saturday on Monday i have got some withdrawals so a day should be full of action but i didnt have energy at all, didnt have interest at all so all the day was lost again. So for me it's much better to stay away from alcohol and i am happy that i dont have problems to do it:) But you never know what can happen in the future, genes are dangerous in that aspect...
Last years in Lithuania government changed all the laws fro alcohol. Now Lithuanians can buy it from 21 years old and it always was from 18. Also were are limited hours, limited places to buy it. People not very happy about that but i think we need it because my country was one of the leaders of alcohol using in the world.

2 CL-Ed, sharpe

bgsharpe
Forum Angel
sharpe's picture
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined: 4 Nov 2014
Posts: 6318
Thanks given: 2835
Thanks received: 865
12 March 2019 - 3:05pm
#29
Quote:

Also i never used alcohol two days in a row and i cant imagine how people can look at it next day.

Ha-ha...in fact it's not a bad idea of having a beer or two the next day..it really helps!

Whenever makes you feel good in your skin pal, obviously drinking is not your thing.

usbarbadosslim93
Forum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 10777
Thanks given: 636
Thanks received: 1185
12 March 2019 - 6:24pm
#30
Vanilipas wrote:

My grandfather was alcoholic, my father has problem with this as well but had a better fortune here. I dont know why but alcohol never attracted me and actually i was using it just because of friends. Also i never used alcohol two days in a row and i cant imagine how people can look at it next day. Usually i drink alcohol two times per year, sometimes i dont drink all year long at all. Never liked strong drinks as vodka, brandy and so on. For me always were better something tasty. But anyway i never liked that feeling of being drunk. I am really wondering why me and my brother dont have that addiction:) But i am really happy about that. Despite both my grandpa and father never were aggressive because of the alcohol but it works negative on health. My grandpa would be alive until now if not vodka.
This year i already was using alcohol once and it happened on this Sunday. My father came to visit me and we drank some beer and wine. He had brandy as well but i refused. So i lost that day. When i feel drunk i cant do something else just communicate. Because i had good Friday and Saturday on Monday i have got some withdrawals so a day should be full of action but i didnt have energy at all, didnt have interest at all so all the day was lost again. So for me it's much better to stay away from alcohol and i am happy that i dont have problems to do it:) But you never know what can happen in the future, genes are dangerous in that aspect...
Last years in Lithuania government changed all the laws fro alcohol. Now Lithuanians can buy it from 21 years old and it always was from 18. Also were are limited hours, limited places to buy it. People not very happy about that but i think we need it because my country was one of the leaders of alcohol using in the world.

It's good to see that you're self-aware enough to see that drinking isn't for you. Good on ya!

sharpe

Post new comment

Have something to say? Agree or disagree? Tell us what you think!

Login using your social network account
Or log in with a Casino Listings account

Login or register to post comments

Registering for an account takes less than a minute and you will be brought right back here to comment afterwards.