0
$ £
usbarbadosslim93
Forum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 9427
Thanks given: 562
Thanks received: 697
18 March 2015 - 8:38pm

The shock of a lifetime...

3 replies • Last post

This afternoon I was sitting in my office doing some work when all of a sudden booop.... Everything went down upstairs and my internet went out as well.

Thinking it was a circuit, I ended up going to my breaker box and checked to see which one it was. All circuits were working fine, so I turned off the one marked in the box for the affected area. After some work of checking outlets with an electric tester I ended up finding that there was no voltage to any of the circuits and decided to check the outlets to check for a loose wire...

The first outlet gave me the shock of a lifetime, LITERALLY! I ended up getting a nice 120 volt surge through my body for a second until I ended up being able to let go of the outlet. If you have never been electrocuted before, let me tell you that it isn't fun. Both of my arms cramped up, I felt a pulsing through my body and I got this weird taste in my mouth that just went away.

It turns out the previous homeowners didn't label my circuit breaker correctly, which caused me to get the shock. I ended up cutting all power to my house and found out that some wires had become untwisted near that same outlet, and after I taped them together and electric taped them for safety, everything is working! I even managed to score a 200x win on a slot as soon as my internet came back online!

I just thought I'd share this "shocking" tale for all involved. Have you ever been shocked? What did it feel like to you?

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 7207
Thanks given: 3364
Thanks received: 2730
18 March 2015 - 11:29pm
#1

Man that is bad. I am so glad you are ok. I'm sure the 200x win helps!

Here in Australia everything is 240v and it is illegal to do your own electrical work. I have to get an electrician in to do anything involving wiring. The idea is to avoid exactly the sort of screw ups that you have described which can be lethal at 240v.

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing.
Every comment you make in our forum earns you CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop!

bdEsposito
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: New Zealand
Joined: 22 Nov 2015
Posts: 10
Thanks given: 1
Thanks received: 6
10 December 2015 - 2:42am
#2

That's really bad event. Glad to have a chat with you here and you're 100% okey. Be safe.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: barbadosslim93

usbarbadosslim93
Forum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 9427
Thanks given: 562
Thanks received: 697
10 December 2015 - 5:57pm
#3

Thanks Esposito.

Share this