usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Thanks given: 849
Thanks received: 2155
10 September 2013 - 12:50pm

Its the best time of the year!

5 replies • Last post

My favorite time of the year has approached! The kids all are back at school as of yesterday (two kids were pre-school, which starts later), football is back, and the weather is set to go into highs in the low 60's later this week (95 today though!).

It is really getting to be fall, which is my favorite time of the year. I can't wait for apple cider and doughnuts.

What is your favorite time of the year? What makes it so special for you?

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1043
10 September 2013 - 4:50pm

My favorite season is leaving us, and leaving far too soon this year. In fact, I do like some things about fall, but it is always bittersweet for me, because I grieve the passing of summer, which is, by far, my favorite season. I love the sunshine, the heat, the lakes, the pools, the water! I love walking outside without putting on layers and layers of clothing.

Even when my children were young, I was sad when "the lazy days of summer" came to an end, and I would have to get back into the old routine, sending them off to school, missing them more every day. I loved having them home in the summer and doing fun things with them.

We were really cheated out of a decent summer here in MN this year. I also have mixed feelings about fall, because I know what is coming. One more thing I do not like is when it gets dark so darn early. Makes me feel like I am supposed to get my pajamas on at 5pm. lol I love the sunshine and the LIGHT!

usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Thanks given: 849
Thanks received: 2155
11 September 2013 - 11:50am

I had a discussion with my wife about the weather. I think I like hot weather only where it is supposed to be hot. Places like Florida or the Bahamas (my favorite spot), I can definitely take the heat and love it. Places like Michigan... I prefer going out hunting in cold, rainy days and coming back to have a hot meal and watching football... heaven!

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1043
11 September 2013 - 3:17pm
barbadosslim93 wrote:

I had a discussion with my wife about the weather. I think I like hot weather only where it is supposed to be hot. Places like Florida or the Bahamas (my favorite spot), I can definitely take the heat and love it. Places like Michigan... I prefer going out hunting in cold, rainy days and coming back to have a hot meal and watching football... heaven!

I do love the heat: NOT so much the humidity, but because of winter, I promise myself I will NEVER complain about the heat. I prefer to be by a lake (or pool: second choice) on those days. My middle son always says he loves "Seattle weather." He actually likes 60s and cool, not necessarily sunny. He has even talked of moving out there someday, but we will see.

Enjoy your fall season! 🙂

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 230
14 September 2013 - 5:09am

This is my favorite time of the year too. I love the cool jacket weather. I don't like the heat. I love the color of the fall leaves. The bugs are not out as much. I can do without the bugs. We used to go hiking a lot. I loved hearing the leaves crushing below my feet. The red, orange, yellow, green and brown leaves are spectacular when we get enough rain.

I do not like the days getting darker sooner though. That is depressing. My other favorite season is spring when everything comes alive again.

usbobafett0820
High RollerHigh Roller
bobafett0820's picture
Thanks given: 49
Thanks received: 48
20 September 2013 - 7:11am

i hate that we are heading into winter right now but i think for now im just gonna enjoy 70 degrees. not to hot not to cold 🙂