ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
28 November 2012 - 2:44am

Latest on Otis (He is a celebrity!) lol

9 replies • Last post

This is a perfect time to post an update on Otis: Thanksgiving time, because WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED!

We are still struggling to get his surgery paid off. However, before his surgery, we wrote to the Dog and Cat Cancer Fund seeking assistance. We could not put off the surgery, as we waited for answers and corresponded with the organization, because this type of mass is very fast growing, and we wanted it out of there as soon as possible. The board kept writing and asking for updates on Otis.

After surgery, we are still left without that crystal ball. We have no way of knowing if they "got it all," or if it has spread or what to do next. We were thinking about it and praying about what to do, and in the meantime, I asked Otis' vet about oncologist referrals, recommendations, and so on.

About a week ago, we received an email from the Dog and Cat Cancer Fund. And although they can make "back payments," like for the surgery, the board is offering us up to $1200.00 for future referrals, appointments, and possible treatments for Otis, depending upon what is discovered.

We feel so amazed and so very blessed! When Otis has his back surgery, I searched and searched for help, and I could find nothing. This is another miracle in the life of our Otis.

We have no idea IF we will proceed with any treatment recommended. Our decisions will be based solely on the quality of life for Otis. We won't put him through anything due to our own selfishness, but we have been blessed with the gift to know what we are facing.

Otis' now has his own web page, where I will be posting updates about his treatment. I will post again in this thread as we put up new updates about Otis.

Otis will also be on their Facebook page, so please look him/them up and post a positive comment from Oti's "fan club!"

http://www.dccfund.org/dogs-treated/otis-2/

We are just happy and thankful beyond words, once again. What a wonderful thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and holiday season! I just had to share with my CL friends. Smile

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 222
28 November 2012 - 4:22am

I love it. Will he be giving out autographs or pawprints any time soon? lol Good for Otis.

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
28 November 2012 - 5:11am
LuckyMe wrote:

I love it. Will he be giving out autographs or pawprints any time soon? lol Good for Otis.

Lol!, Well, maybe I should try to market that, and charge a dollar a piece to help pay for the surgery we are still paying off. lol I used to tell Otis he had to get a paper route to help pay for all his food and vet bills, but paw prints and autographs sound like a perfect idea. Wink

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
28 November 2012 - 5:13am

LuckyMe, thank you for your comments on the DCCF website and on their Facebook page. We hope to get lots of comments, so many can see how many "fans" Otis has out there. Smile

Hope777

Shawshank Redemption

usluckywalker
Slots FanSlots Fan
luckywalker's picture
Thanks given: 73
Thanks received: 160
28 November 2012 - 11:49am

I will certainly be going to Otis's page. that is so wonderful for you and your family Hope. And at least that will take some of the future worries off you.

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
28 November 2012 - 8:33pm
luckywalker wrote:

I will certainly be going to Otis's page. that is so wonderful for you and your family Hope. And at least that will take some of the future worries off you.

Yes! One step at a time. My brother says he would not want to know, but to me it is more frightening not to know what we are facing.

Please send prayers and positive thoughts for his consultation tomorrow morning. Thanks, LW, and everyone! Smile

Hope777

Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
29 November 2012 - 2:19am
hope777 wrote:

LuckyMe, thank you for your comments on the DCCF website and on their Facebook page. We hope to get lots of comments, so many can see how many "fans" Otis has out there. Smile

You are welcome. I know how much you love Otis, and it shows in the way you write about him. I know he is a family member.

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
29 November 2012 - 8:31pm

I just glanced at Oti's page, and there are TWELVE comments! People from my email list, from the dachsie board I go o, and others. I was so pleasantly surprised!

If anyone wants to leave a comment there or on the DCCF's FaceBook page, Oti's section, that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

We had the consultation with the Oncologist today. I liked him a lot. There is news, but I have to get my head around it before I write the latest update. I am exhausted, as I had little sleep last night, and I was up very early.

Hope777

Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
8 December 2012 - 5:13am

Otis needs a Youtube channel. Wouldn't it be funny if you did a video for him and he got a million views? It's possible.

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
8 December 2012 - 5:36pm

That is a fun idea, LuckyMe. Smile

Hope777

Shawshank Redemption

Share this