0
$ £
usshana56258
Low RollerLow Roller
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 15
24 November 2012 - 3:59am

Ready for 12/21/2012

50 replies • Last post

December 21, 2012, "Doomsday", is only a few weeks away.
Please share your thoughts about this day.

usluckywalker
Slots FanSlots Fan
luckywalker's picture
Joined: 25 Aug 2012
Posts: 1124
Thanks given: 73
Thanks received: 160
24 November 2012 - 11:02am
#1

I have thought about this day alot and have read articles on it. Of course no clear answers but according to Hopi legend it is a time of evolving for mankind. I don't believe it will be a "Doomsday".

Have you ever watched Ancient Aliens. I love that show. so many interesting theories or hypothesis.
You didn't share what you think Shana?

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
24 November 2012 - 10:19pm
#2

LMAO! I thought you meant 12/12/12 and had dyslexia going on, but now I get it. I am not too worried. Many doomsdays have come and gone and as my mom says, "this too shall pass." lol

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7400
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 222
25 November 2012 - 1:55am
#3

I think it will be like any other day. It would be wonderful if everyone would become enlightened on that day, not holding my breath. I've read lots and lots about that date too.

usshana56258
Low RollerLow Roller
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 15
25 November 2012 - 10:34pm
#4

I have done research on it and I can't tell you exactly how I feel. I have never been one to join in all the "hype" about things. But as it is getting closer to the day, I find myself feeling more anxiety about it.
Have you watched the show Doomsday Preppers? I think in a couple of weeks alot of people are going to become preppers for the 21st. People are going to flood the stores and stock up on water and supplies and there will be a shortage for a few days. I have to admit that I do have enough water and food and such stored to get my family by for a few days while everything and everyone settles down. Peoples behavior ultimately could cause "doomsday" upon ourselves.
I like what you said hope777 - this too shall pass. That phrase does have a calming effect.

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
26 November 2012 - 1:06am
#5

Well, I have to give credit to my mom for that phrase, Shana. She always tell me that, or she will say, "will this matter in 100 years?" lol Not really.

And, yes, I have watched the preppers, because oldest son was obsessed with that show for a while. Those people are hardcore, giving up their lives, hobbies, any type of other enjoyment, preparing for something that may never come. Some of it IS fascinating, though.

I always figure I will be one of the first to go, should something truly happen, because I don't have time, money, or space to be prepared.

Reminds me of the Y2K hype and we are all still here, right?

Try not too feel too anxious. The holidays can be stressful enough without adding to it. You will be fine! Smile

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 6148
Thanks given: 2485
Thanks received: 1781
26 November 2012 - 1:21am
#6

There is no need to be anxious. The "end of the world" myth is based on a misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the calendar of the ancient Maya. Its a complete beat-up. This article has a decent explanation:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/31/mayans-protest-2012-doomsday-pr...

See you here on the 22nd!

Beer

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing.
Every comment you make in our forum earns you CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop!

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 6148
Thanks given: 2485
Thanks received: 1781
26 November 2012 - 1:25am
#7
hope777 wrote:

Reminds me of the Y2K hype and we are all still here, right?

I actually worked on a couple of projects that fixed potential Y2K issues. There were a lot of potential problems and one of the main issues was that not a lot of people knew what would actually go wrong if and when the dates rolled over. So that necessitated a load of boring testing of scenarios in advance and then fixing old systems that may not have been worked on for over a decade (which can bring on a whole world of issues).

As always the risk of disaster is the only thing that makes the news and a lot of it was beaten up by journalists and commenters with little knowledge of the subject. But one thing I know for sure is that the reason there were no major catastrophes was that a lot of people put in a lot of long hours and hard work (and money of course!) to fix things before they became a problem.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: hope777

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing.
Every comment you make in our forum earns you CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop!

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
26 November 2012 - 1:37am
#8
CL-Ed wrote:

I actually worked on a couple of projects that fixed potential Y2K issues. There were a lot of potential problems and one of the main issues was that not a lot of people knew what would actually go wrong if and when the dates rolled over. So that necessitated a load of boring testing of scenarios in advance and then fixing old systems that may not have been worked on for over a decade (which can bring on a whole world of issues).

As always the risk of disaster is the only thing that makes the news and a lot of it was beaten up by journalists and commenters with little knowledge of the subject. But one thing I know for sure is that the reason there were no major catastrophes was that a lot of people put in a lot of long hours and hard work (and money of course!) to fix things before they became a problem.

That is interesting information, CL-Ed. Thanks for sharing. It is true that the public only hears the hype, and the media would rather instill fear than mention anything about those working to prevent a disaster or big problems.

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7400
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 222
26 November 2012 - 2:34am
#9
shana56258 wrote:

I have done research on it and I can't tell you exactly how I feel. I have never been one to join in all the "hype" about things. But as it is getting closer to the day, I find myself feeling more anxiety about it.
Have you watched the show Doomsday Preppers? I think in a couple of weeks alot of people are going to become preppers for the 21st. People are going to flood the stores and stock up on water and supplies and there will be a shortage for a few days. I have to admit that I do have enough water and food and such stored to get my family by for a few days while everything and everyone settles down. Peoples behavior ultimately could cause "doomsday" upon ourselves.
I like what you said hope777 - this too shall pass. That phrase does have a calming effect.

I think it's great to be prepared. We have two propane heaters. Our heat has gone out before in the winter and it was not something I want to be unprepared for again. Two winters ago we received about a foot of snow. Some people were without heat for over a week! I would like to stock up on some propane canisters. I have candles, matches, flashlights, some extra food and water.

Our well pump went out earlier this year. We were without water for a day or two. Not very long, but it was a big inconvenience. Just think about not being able to flush the toilet. I now have containers of water (just for flushing) stored away just in case. We were not able to cook anything that needed water. I had a sink full of dirty dishes before the water conked out completely. I got a pan and saved whatever I could before the water was fully cut off.

We had to brush our teeth with bottled water, wash our hands with bottled water. No showers.....yuk. lol

Here is a site that may make you feel better about what is supposed to happen.
http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1078-2012shift

usshana56258
Low RollerLow Roller
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 15
26 November 2012 - 10:19pm
#10

I have been in those situations myself. I live in Minnesota and when the power goes out due to a blizzard it can be a scary time. We live in the country so we are pretty much stuck if its bad out. Myself, husband and 2 kids spent 2 days huddled together in bed trying to stay warm once. We had no heat and no running water. I learned my lesson. I keep a small stash of water and emergency supplies. Better safe than sorry.

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
26 November 2012 - 10:20pm
#11
shana56258 wrote:

I have been in those situations myself. I live in Minnesota and when the power goes out due to a blizzard it can be a scary time. We live in the country so we are pretty much stuck if its bad out. Myself, husband and 2 kids spent 2 days huddled together in bed trying to stay warm once. We had no heat and no running water. I learned my lesson. I keep a small stash of water and emergency supplies. Better safe than sorry.

OMGosh, a fellow Minnesotan? I am going to send you a PM, Shana. Smile

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usluckywalker
Slots FanSlots Fan
luckywalker's picture
Joined: 25 Aug 2012
Posts: 1124
Thanks given: 73
Thanks received: 160
27 November 2012 - 2:06am
#12

I figure we willl all be in the same boat if its Doomsday (except for the 1 %) and I dont want to have a large cache of supplies because someone would just kill me for them. I would rather die of thirst or hunger I think then have someone murder me. I would not be a good "walking Dead" survivor cuz I don't think I could be that harsh even for my own survival.

usLuckyMe
Forum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7400
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 222
27 November 2012 - 2:48am
#13
luckywalker wrote:

I figure we willl all be in the same boat if its Doomsday (except for the 1 %) and I dont want to have a large cache of supplies because someone would just kill me for them. I would rather die of thirst or hunger I think then have someone murder me. I would not be a good "walking Dead" survivor cuz I don't think I could be that harsh even for my own survival.

We live out in the country, so people would have to walk a little ways to get to us. I will share what I have, if possible, but I don't have a huge stash of anything. We have a neighbor a street (several miles) over who has a huge garden each year. He told me they canned over 300 jars of spaghetti sauce last year. They will have plenty to eat with their other canned stuff, but I would not be telling anyone if I had a huge supply of stuff. No sense inviting trouble.

usshana56258
Low RollerLow Roller
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 15
27 November 2012 - 3:23am
#14

There is a Twilight Zone episode where a man is building a bomb shelter and his neighbors give him a hard time about it. They think he is crazy and wasting his time. Then the warnings go out that a bomb is on its way and suddenly they all think the shelter would be a great place to be. It shows how ruthless people can become and how its every man for himself.
If there ever is a doomsday, I don't think I would want to be among the few that survive. It doesn't look like the survivors on the Walking Dead are having very much fun!

usshana56258
Low RollerLow Roller
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 15
27 November 2012 - 3:15pm
#15

Hey Hope, I got the pm you sent me. Usually I can figure stuff out pretty quick, but I can't figure out how to send one back to you I don't know . Can you hold my hand and walk me through the steps please? Blush

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 84
27 November 2012 - 6:14pm
#16

There is actually an official website for this event. http://www.december212012.com/ I dozed off while watching a long video to get you to buy their survival stuffs.

For me, I'm not afraid to die if it is meant to be, so bring it on! I believe somehow the human race will continue to evolve.

Y'all take care.. =^. .^=

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
27 November 2012 - 11:20pm
#17
shana56258 wrote:

Hey Hope, I got the pm you sent me. Usually I can figure stuff out pretty quick, but I can't figure out how to send one back to you I don't know . Can you hold my hand and walk me through the steps please? Blush

Hi Shana, no problem. Every site is different, so that happens to me, too. Smile No worries!

Open my message, scroll down, and you should see a box to write in. Write your message, then hit "send message" and it should come right to me. Let me know if you have any more questions, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 84
28 November 2012 - 1:01am
#18

Maybe Shana has not been verified by CL-Ed yet so she could not pm back. It happen to me.. when I was a newbie, remember?

Y'all take care.. =^. .^=

usshana56258
Low RollerLow Roller
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 15
28 November 2012 - 3:31am
#19

That's how I would have done it but the box does not have "send message" in it. I think I need to be verified like Ubetcha mentioned. I will work on it and get back to you asap Hope.

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
28 November 2012 - 3:47am
#20

No problem. I will wait patiently. Smile Do you have "messages" included in the drop down menu when my you click on your name? OR can you look to the left where it says "send a PM' in this post, and send a pm to me that way? Or does that show up for you? It should say "send a pm" under my avatar, after the thanks given and received. Try that if it shows up for your. Otherwise, let me know if you need one of us to PM CL-Ed for you.

Thanks, Ubetcha. I do remember that. Smile They take precautions, due to past problems, until they are sure someone is not spamming or whatever, I guess.

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usshana56258
Low RollerLow Roller
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 15
28 November 2012 - 3:55am
#21

Ya it's not there Hope. If you would pm CL-ED for me that would be sweet. Thanks

usluckywalker
Slots FanSlots Fan
luckywalker's picture
Joined: 25 Aug 2012
Posts: 1124
Thanks given: 73
Thanks received: 160
28 November 2012 - 11:58am
#22

I hope you Minnesotans get your comminique on Smile I am just wondering why there hasn't been alot of hype about Dec 21st? With y2k it was all over the media and there is very little about dec. 21st.

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
28 November 2012 - 8:32pm
#23
shana56258 wrote:

Ya it's not there Hope. If you would pm CL-ED for me that would be sweet. Thanks

I will PM him right now. Smile

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 6148
Thanks given: 2485
Thanks received: 1781
29 November 2012 - 6:19am
#24

Done. You can PM now shana56258.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: hope777

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing.
Every comment you make in our forum earns you CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop!

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
29 November 2012 - 12:41pm
#25
CL-Ed wrote:

Done. You can PM now shana56258.

Wonderful! Thank you for your (always) prompt response, CL-Ed! Smile

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usluckywalker
Slots FanSlots Fan
luckywalker's picture
Joined: 25 Aug 2012
Posts: 1124
Thanks given: 73
Thanks received: 160
10 December 2012 - 2:31pm
#26

Eleven more days until the eventful day of enlightenment for mankind, hopefully. Or an alien invasion? Or a dud?

usbarbadosslim93
Forum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 7781
Thanks given: 535
Thanks received: 499
10 December 2012 - 5:22pm
#27

I am going to sit in my underwear all day and hopefully try to have a beer, eat hot wings, and watch some football...

So in other words, do nothing different from what I normally do. Tongue

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: hope777

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
10 December 2012 - 6:42pm
#28
barbadosslim93 wrote:

I am going to sit in my underwear all day and hopefully try to have a beer, eat hot wings, and watch some football...

So in other words, do nothing different from what I normally do. Tongue

LMAO! Thanks for the laugh, 'Slim. I can only imagine......lol Tongue

Oh, and what is "try" to have a beer? Just curious. I don't know Wink

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12171
Thanks given: 955
Thanks received: 717
10 December 2012 - 6:43pm
#29

As my good friend's son has been saying for the past few years, due to 2012, "just charge it." We can all charge our cards and never have to pay a penny back, since it is the end of the world. lol

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 84
11 December 2012 - 10:42pm
#30

Nibiru, Planet X caught my attention these days.. d'ya think it's possible? Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZNHb8ge7nw

Y'all take care.. =^. .^=

Share this