usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
27 February 2020 - 2:00pm

Bovada is trying to scam me for 10K+ please help!!!

37 replies • Last post

So my sisters boyfriend convinces me to use this sketchy website, and I should have known something was off from the jump; after successfully hitting my first parlay for a couple hundred dollars I played slots and blackjack and it seemed like they were just letting me win; I started to think this is to good to be true and of course it is. I got my account up to around 11K only to be asked for numerous verification documents; all of which I sent in a timely manner including a video of me holding my ID and repeating the information on it. Bovada said that this was an Identity issue and now that I have verified my identity they emailed me saying I violated terms and services. I have another friend that has no problem with Bovada but I believe that they allow him to keep playing because although he wins large amounts he also gambles 2-4k a week. I'm pretty sure if he ever hits a parlay for 75K+ he is going to run into the same issue as me. I wish I had known Bovada was unregulated before signing up. If there is anyone on this forum that could assist in any way feel free to reach out; I took screenshots of everything from account creation to email correspondence with Bovada.

usReckless Bets
Silver PlayerSilver Player
Reckless Bets's picture
Location: United States
Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Posts: 419
Thanks given: 21
Thanks received: 334
28 February 2020 - 12:45am
#1

Bovada is known for pretty reliably paying out (even massive amounts) so I'm interested in knowing the details of what specific terms they said you violated. Were you using a bonus?

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 9474
Thanks given: 5452
Thanks received: 4789
28 February 2020 - 2:10am
#2

Yes I suspect there is more to this story than what you have told here. What is the reason they cited for denying payout? Were you at your sister's boyfriend's house or using his computer? If so that would flag you in their system as a multi-accounter which is a big no-no.

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

usReckless Bets
Silver PlayerSilver Player
Reckless Bets's picture
Location: United States
Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Posts: 419
Thanks given: 21
Thanks received: 334
28 February 2020 - 2:17am
#3

Bovada and the rest of the casino group sees a ridiculous amount of revenue and they have no reason to try and scam you out of such a relatively small withdrawal.

usbarbadosslim93
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Location: Michigan
Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 12186
Thanks given: 730
Thanks received: 1729
28 February 2020 - 5:16pm
#4

Yeah, Bovada is one of the better US-friendly sites out there. I wonder what the real story is here.

usButtBongoFiesta
Card SharkCard Shark
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 189
Thanks given: 1
Thanks received: 131
28 February 2020 - 5:54pm
#5

I just want to know what slots you played to turn a couple hundred dollars into 11K

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
1 March 2020 - 12:50am
#6

I'm accused of violating terms of services sections 3.2, 3.6, 6.2 & 6.8

Single account access
Information to be Valid and Verifiable
Fraudulent activity
& Abuse of bonus programs

I was only awarded a $35 bonus for signing up so idk how I could have abused that. I am the only person who used my account, it was only open for two days; they say I violated TOS and that's the end of it. As I have been waiting on a resolution I have done my research and realized I'm an idiot. I lost $50 bucks but at the end of the day I never thought the site was legitimate to begin with & I should have known better but PLAYER BE WARNED I guess. Definitely had to put a freeze on my credit after sending my government ID and other verifying documents to some sketchy unlicensed company in Antigua, I feel like an idiot.

I would suggest anyone reading this post take a closer look at the terms and services so you don’t end up in my position, the only thing I did wrong was win which can be determined a violation according to section 3.4 that reads;

“3.4 Accounts Open in Our Discretion. We reserve the right to suspend, disable or terminate your Account at any time in our sole discretion. All decisions regarding the opening, maintenance and closing of Accounts rests with us and any decisions we take regarding any aspect of the Software, your participation in or the playing of the Games or any aspect of an Account is final.“

So basically this says we can close your account & seize your funds in our SOLE discretion for any reason. Good luck smh.

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
1 March 2020 - 1:03am
#7

This isn't my story but it sounds incredibly familiar, you don't realize what playin on an unlicensed casino means until they screw you; at first you think its fine because well its legal but when something goes wrong your on your own, can't sue anybody let alone get any one on the phone.

& I quote

"This post is meant to deter anyone from making the mistake of depositing into this crooked site! I made a deposit into my newly created account on 1/1/20 and hit a rather large jackpot amount on video poker. It took Bovada 3 days before they disabled my account for supposed verification purposes. I submitted all the verification documents as requested. This process usually stated it takes 24-48 hours. Well it took Bovada over a month for this for some reason? During this month on one of my 100 phone calls to get an update which was NEVER provided, I had talked to numerous people that "understood my frustration" but couldn't help me. I was consistency told to call back at a later time "that department is busy". Or to call back because there is no one available to speak with me. This went on for over a month before finally getting a response via email. Could it have been that the price of bitcoin was on the rise and they wanted to make money off of holding my money for such a long time? Well they succeeded they made over $3000 from bitcoin while holding my money. Now here is the response they gave me in email.

Hi Sarah,

The investigation into your account has concluded. After a full review of the play in your account, we have found conclusive evidence of Bonus Abuse. As your actions were in violation of our players terms of agreement, your account will now remain permanently disabled, and all funds in your account have been forfeited. Please note that any accounts opened by you, or that are found to be linked to you will also be disabled, and any funds in those accounts will also be seized.

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 1-888-263-0000.

Regards,

Bovada Security
[email protected]
1-888-263-0000

Now if you read the terms and conditions for this alleged "bonus abuse". No where does it state that they can seize your funds. But that is what Bovada did. So I asked them to elaborate more on what I had done to abuse their bonus system. They sent me an email.

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for contacting Bovada Customer Service.

I cannot discuss the status of this account over email. You can call us on 1-888-263-0000 after 9AM eastern time.

Now getting a hold of someone to talk to me about my account has been nearly impossible for the last month! The only way I have been able to get a response from Bovada is to email them. Now they are telling me to call in and discuss my account. That has not worked the last 100 times I have tried. Do not play on Bovada they just take your winnings for whatever reason they feel that they can use."

usReckless Bets
Silver PlayerSilver Player
Reckless Bets's picture
Location: United States
Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Posts: 419
Thanks given: 21
Thanks received: 334
1 March 2020 - 3:09am
#8

I've never had an issue with Bovada paying out and many others here have the same experience. They're not the big scam operation you're claiming.

usButtBongoFiesta
Card SharkCard Shark
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 189
Thanks given: 1
Thanks received: 131
1 March 2020 - 11:41am
#9

Try posting in the Bovada forum

https://community.bovada.lv/

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 9474
Thanks given: 5452
Thanks received: 4789
2 March 2020 - 1:45am
#10
Eyeezy wrote:

I'm accused of violating terms of services sections 3.2, 3.6, 6.2 & 6.8

Single account access
Information to be Valid and Verifiable
Fraudulent activity
& Abuse of bonus programs

Yep. As I said:

CL-Ed wrote:

Were you at your sister's boyfriend's house or using his computer? If so that would flag you in their system as a multi-accounter which is a big no-no.

Exactly what I suspected. I can almost guarantee that they think you are your sister's boyfriend running multiple accounts in order to claim the same bonus multiple times. This could be due to you using the same computer, device, or IP address, even if you had separate accounts and/or were claiming the same bonuses and playing the same games.

This happens quite often and as part of the security check process usually they will ring the player and ask them a few questions. When they have a player they suspect is multi-accounting and winning thousands on blackjack while playing perfect strategy for example, they ring one of the alt accounts who is supposed to be let's say the real player's grandma. And when they talk to her she doesn't know anything about blackjack or can't accurately state when she deposited or what she played or how much she was betting, so they know the grandma is a stooge for the real player.

If you want to be paid you'll need to prove that you were in fact playing and it wasn't him just using your name.

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
2 March 2020 - 3:38am
#11

How do I prove that? I literally have screenshots of me playing. I have an abundance of evidence to prove that I was the one playing & Bovada has not called my phone once; I called them answered all of their questions and Robert in Financial services told me to send in a video of me holding my id for them to verify and about a week after sending that in I got my first correspondence from Bovada since disabling my account saying that I violated T&S. I don't know what else I can prove to them but that's gotta be the ultimate scam right... "oh you won over a couple thousand dollars? ok well cool now the BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU to prove to us that it was you playing on your phone at 4:00 am in the morning and not someone else, otherwise we have to disable your account."

All I'm saying is had I lost my initial deposit I'm almost positive my account would still be enabled allowing me to continue to LOSE but since I won they give me some bs email saying I've violated T&S. Complete scam.

T&S section 3.4 spells it out clear as day and leaves NO room for argument...

“3.4 Accounts Open in Our Discretion. We reserve the right to suspend, disable or terminate your Account at any time in our sole discretion. All decisions regarding the opening, maintenance and closing of Accounts rests with us and any decisions we take regarding any aspect of the Software, your participation in or the playing of the Games or any aspect of an Account is final.“

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
2 March 2020 - 3:42am
#12

I can't even log into Bovada to post on their forum. I will be sure to leave a review on every other website and make everyone aware of Bovada's T&S Section 3.4 and their tendency / reserved right to disable accounts when they win big.

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 9474
Thanks given: 5452
Thanks received: 4789
2 March 2020 - 6:20am
#13

There is a reason they have done this detailed security check as they don't do it to everyone, even when they win. Something has flagged on their system. I'll go back to my original question which you still haven't answered:

Quote:

Were you at your sister's boyfriend's house or using his computer? If so that would flag you in their system as a multi-accounter which is a big no-no.

If that is the case you're out of luck as you would have broken the "one player per household" rule even if you used separate accounts. If so, take it as a harsh lesson, learn from it and move on.

Screenshots won't prove that it was you playing. Even if you stuck your head in front of the camera I suppose that still doesn't prove that it wasn't someone else really playing the game.

We've had people on the forum here win jackpots for several hundred thousand at Bovada and they paid them no problem. No offence meant to you, but $11k to them is small change, and they aren't going to risk ruining their pretty good reputation over it.

The reason they won't elaborate on why exactly they have closed your account is that they believe you are a multi-accounter, and they don't want to give you any clues as to how you can avoid being detected next time. That is very frustrating and annoying if they are wrong, but I guess it is understandable if they are right.

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
2 March 2020 - 6:54pm
#14

I only used my phone & I played at my house I have never been to my sisters boyfriends house nor do I know where he lives.

I get it; the burden of proof is on the player and its impossible to prove that it’s actually you playing 🙄. I learned a $50 lesson its no big deal; there was never gonna be a 10K payout lol I'm just happy I didn't load three or four hundred dollars because the fact remains that for whatever reason they closed my account it was not a problem until I made a withdrawal.

I am now using BETONLINE.AG which allowed me to fully verify BEFORE making a withdrawal. I doubt Bovada ever gets a license to operate in the US. As more states pass laws legalizing gambling casinos will need licenses to operate in the states like New Jersey Maryland Delaware and Nevada. Missouri just passed a law after seein how many people illegally bet on the superbowl in their state. Its clear that the gambling industry needs regulation. FanDuel is likely to be one of the top regulated online sports book and when the music stops playing I wouldn't be surprised to see Bovada just disappear off the face of the earth with everybody’s bitcoin.

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
2 March 2020 - 7:03pm
#15

Full Disclosure: BETONLINE.AG is not any safer in that it is not regulated or licensed either. I just like the idea that I can verify before depositing my money and having my account disabled in the first 48 hours. Honestly it took Bovada 24 hours to disable my account after I made withdrawal request but it took them over 4 weeks to verify my ID & ask for more verdict documents only to come back and say my documents are unverifiable. I had to put a freeze on my credit over this there is no way any US gaming regulator gives these Antigua based scammers a license.

And the whole Bovada pays out big winners regularly your 10K doesn’t matter is nonsense; I looked into why Bovada lost there license in 2016 and it had something to do with them using rigged software in their casino. But dont take my word for it im just a disgruntled player DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH ON BOVADA, FORMERLY KNOW AS BODOG (I wonder why they changed their name?)

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
2 March 2020 - 7:10pm
#16
Quote:

We've had people on the forum here win jackpots for several hundred thousand at Bovada and they paid them no problem. No offence meant to you, but $11k to them is small change, and they aren't going to risk ruining their pretty good reputation over it.

I’m a history major trust me when I say I know how to do research and this website does not have a good reputation they have many paid reviews and they have paid for alot of the top hits on google but they have not renewed their gaming license in 4 years and they apparently changed their name from Bodog to Bovada to enter the s marketplace without the trash reputation from Bodog scamming people carrying over. In the long run the executives at Bovada will walk away with a fortune when the music stops but I feel bad for the players with account balances over a few grand when this site gets seized by the Feds.

usReckless Bets
Silver PlayerSilver Player
Reckless Bets's picture
Location: United States
Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Posts: 419
Thanks given: 21
Thanks received: 334
2 March 2020 - 8:02pm
#17

There's so much misinformation coming from Eyeezy at this point I don't even see the need to refute it. How would the feds seize a website that isn't even hosted in the US?

FYI they lost their license due to their regulatory agency requiring sites to stop offering services to Americans, not because of anything being rigged.

I thought betonline was the site that fudged up the Betsoft progressive?

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 9474
Thanks given: 5452
Thanks received: 4789
2 March 2020 - 10:03pm
#18
Eyeezy wrote:

And the whole Bovada pays out big winners regularly your 10K doesn’t matter is nonsense; I looked into why Bovada lost there license in 2016 and it had something to do with them using rigged software in their casino. But dont take my word for it im just a disgruntled player DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH ON BOVADA, FORMERLY KNOW AS BODOG (I wonder why they changed their name?)

The Bovada group lost their license due to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission terminating the licenses of all casinos that accept American players.

They still have a Bodog casino, and another called Bodog88 or something. The former only accepts Canadian players and the latter is targeted at Asia. They moved all their American client base to Bovada, sometime after Calvin Ayre supposedly divested the business and sold it to a tribal group in Canada.

I believe the rigged software you are referring to is probably the Betsoft jackpots scandal, which this website in fact researched and revealed to the world. You can read all about it here. While we can't say whether Bovada was in on the scam, what I do know is that they were pretty much the only casino group in the world to terminate their contract with Betsoft and remove their games from their site in response to the story. To this day there are hundreds of casinos still running Betsoft games knowing full well all about that issue. Believe me, publishing that story brought our site a lot of hate from a lot of casino industry people in private.

Reckless Bets wrote:

I thought betonline was the site that fudged up the Betsoft progressive?

No that was another one called Betcoin. Confusing, no doubt.

Betonline was in fact busted running a live blackjack game where the dealer was cheating. Though to be fair to the casino, it was a third party called Global Gaming Labs supplying the live dealer game and not under their control. GGL has since gone out of business.

Eyeezy

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

usButtBongoFiesta
Card SharkCard Shark
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 189
Thanks given: 1
Thanks received: 131
3 March 2020 - 4:38pm
#19

I'm on a losing streak on Bovada, I'm thinking of calling in the feds to shut them down

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
5 March 2020 - 3:51pm
#20

The Silk Road was posted in Iceland and the feds seized that without any issue.

My point is simply that they ARE NOT regulated or licensed so when you do get screwed, what you can't do is sue. Always fact check before you accuse someone else of misinformation.

Also @ RecklessBets I'm far from an idiot & I recognize that this is your fourth bias post on my thread and it appears you are trying to discredit everything I am saying. Why are you following & responding to my post faster than the moderator? Why do you seem so interested in protecting Bovada's reputation? Why do you find it necessary to try to discrediting EVERYthing I am saying?

On another thread someone posted about Bovada scamming them on a slot payout; they also had a totally legitimate problem to resolve and you were nowhere to be found on that thread for a whole month. Then coincidentally after another player commented and said "I think the key here it to avoid using Bovada.... I am seeing too many people getting scammed or having issues," you offered this

"'I'll put in a positive word for Bovada. They've always been quick to payout and have by far the most generous withdrawal limits for a US-facing provider. Their in-house developed games are a bit buggy but always resume play after I refresh (sometimes in takes a few minutes up to an hour to resume the spin/bonus round but I've never completely lost one)."

Seems to me that you are personally invested in protecting Bovada's reputation I don't know maybe I'm crazy

& anyone reading this feel free to type "why did Bovada," into your google search bar and it will auto-suggest "disable my account," so apparently I'm not the only person having this issue it happens regularly.

THE POINT HERE THAT CANNOT BE DISPUTED IS THAT IF AND WHEN YOUR BOVADA ACCOUNT CLOSES THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

YOU CAN'T SUE.
YOU CAN'T CONTACT A REGULATION AGENCY.
YOU CAN'T CALL THE POLICE.

PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK BECAUSE EVEN A WINNER CAN BE A LOSER!!!!

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
5 March 2020 - 4:48pm
#21
ButtBongoFiesta wrote:

I'm on a losing streak on Bovada, I'm thinking of calling in the feds to shut them down

Long story short the reason Bovada Cannot operate in Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey or Nevada is because those four states have passed bills to legalize and regulate sports betting on a state level. Now because it is legal in those four states it is regulated and because it is regulated all casino operators must have a license, which clearly Bovada does not. So if you’re serious and not being sarcastic you could definitely reach out to your representatives and ask them to support any bill to legalize & regulate sports betting in your state.

I believe that most states will have passed some sort of bill on sports betting in their state within the next 2 to 4 years which will force Bovada to either get a license in each state (which I don’t think they will be able to do due to other players MGM, CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT), voluntarily leave the US market or go deeper underground and put all of its players & their accounts at risk.

If you live in Georgia and want regulated US sports betting instead of Antigua based scams write to Senator Burt Jones or you can email the legislative assistant Denese Sampson at [email protected] (Small world as I actually work at a hookah bar with her daughter and her daughter was the one that gave me the idea) and Burt Jones has already introduce a bill supporting the regulation of gambling on a state level. On Tuesday 3/3 they held the first hearing on Senate Bill 403, which would let people bet on professional, college and Olympic sports, but not horse racing. The bill would allow people to bet from their phones anywhere in the state as long as they are 21 and older (Bovada's 18+ isn't going to fly here).

"Sen. Burt Jones, a Republican from Jackson, argues Georgia should legalize sports gambling because people are already betting illegally, citing estimates that $1.5 billion a year is wagered in the state mostly on unregulated websites.

Jones introduced the bill amid questions about whether Georgia’s constitution needs to be amended to allow sports betting. Jones’ measure was introduced without a constitutional amendment, but Jones has since also introduced such an amendment. However, he said Tuesday that he believes the General Assembly can legalize sports betting without a constitutional change."

"The act would create a Georgia Mobile Sports Wagering Integrity Commission, which could license online operators LOCATED IN THE U.S. such as Fan Duel and Draft Kings. The gambling companies would only be able to take cash and debit cards, and the state would get 10% of the amount that operators win."

The government wants sports betting to be regulated and they want to tax the casinos; Bovada will not survive accepting 18 year old players and promoting payments in bitcoin (hard to tax). So @Recklessbets and anyone else currently gambling on Bovada just make sure you take your seat before the music stops!!!

Sen. Burt Jones
327-A Coverdell Legislative Office Bldg.
Atlanta, GA 30334
Office: (404) 656-0082

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
5 March 2020 - 5:10pm
#22
Reckless Bets wrote:

There's so much misinformation coming from Eyeezy at this point I don't even see the need to refute it. How would the feds seize a website that isn't even hosted in the US?

Fact Check:

The gambling site Bovada, formerly known as Bodog, moved to an .lv domain after the United States Department of Homeland Security confiscated its former domain, bodog.com, in 2012

The FBI has claimed that the real IP address of the Silk Road server was found via data leaked directly from the site's CAPTCHA and it was located in Reykjavík, Iceland.

The FBI initially seized 26,000 bitcoins from accounts on Silk Road, worth approximately $3.6 million at the time. An FBI spokesperson said that the agency would hold the bitcoins until Ulbricht's trial finished, after which the bitcoins would be liquidated (sold at auction).

Conclusion:

The Feds can seize whatever they would they like, from wherever they would like, whenever they feel like it.

Bovada or Bodog has supported illegal gambling operations as recently as 2012 prompting Homeland security to seize their domain, casting a doubtful shadow on their ability to secure future US licenses.

(if you try to go to Bodog.com you will see a message similar to the messages you see if you try to access Bovada.lv from NJ,DE,MD, NV).

And finally the music will eventually stop and when it does the website itself will probably be inaccessible & your account balance will most likely be forfeited.

usReckless Bets
Silver PlayerSilver Player
Reckless Bets's picture
Location: United States
Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Posts: 419
Thanks given: 21
Thanks received: 334
5 March 2020 - 5:17pm
#23

All I can speak to is my personal experience where I have requested and received multiple withdrawals from Bovada and never had an issue, as have many others on this website, including people who have won 6-figure jackpots. The picture that you are trying to paint of them being a shady scam operation is simply not accurate.

You are absolutely correct though that online casinos in general operate in a gray market in the US without regulation. However I still don't consider Bovada to be a rogue operation like many others are.

usButtBongoFiesta
Card SharkCard Shark
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 189
Thanks given: 1
Thanks received: 131
5 March 2020 - 5:26pm
#24

I'm still curious what slots this guy played to run $200 into 11K

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 9474
Thanks given: 5452
Thanks received: 4789
5 March 2020 - 10:24pm
#25

You are correct about the lack of licensing. However you won't find any casino that accepts players from the United States outside the regulated jurisdictions such as Delaware or New Jersey that is licensed or regulated by anyone worthwhile. Not Bovada, not Betonline, or anyone else. Granted some sites are "licensed" by the government of Curacao or Belize or Costa Rica or some other tinpot jurisdiction that does nothing except collect a licensing fee. Such licenses should be considered worthless.

So should you choose to play at one of those sites, all you have to really go on is the reputation of the site and experience of others. In that respect, Bovada is one of the better options.

I have dealt with many complaints similar to yours over the years and I'd say in 90% of cases it turns out that the casino was right. And the story almost always starts with "my friend" or "my wife" or "my brother recommended this site to me". Usually its just one person running many accounts in the name of their relatives in an effort to claim the same bonus offer over and over. I am also familiar with ones where they made a mistake, and after doing their standard investigation they acknowledged it and paid the player. The fact they haven't done that in your case is telling.

I have been trying to give you a few clues here but it appears you're not getting the message. Seeing as you say you don't know where the sister's boyfriend lives who recommended the site to you, perhaps he may have played at Bovada while he was visiting your house? Or perhaps you both played at the same time while somewhere else together? Or maybe your sister or someone else in your house has an account too? There has to be a reason they think you are multi-accounting. If you can work that out then you may be on the right track to explaining and proving it and getting paid.

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
6 March 2020 - 8:35pm
#26

and they chose to pull section 3.4 on me.

We can debate about our opinions on the integrity of Bovada but at the end of the day this is in their Terms and Services;

“ “3.4 Accounts Open in Our Discretion. We reserve the right to suspend, disable or terminate your Account at any time in our sole discretion. All decisions regarding the opening, maintenance and closing of Accounts rests with us and any decisions we take regarding any aspect of the Software, your participation in or the playing of the Games or any aspect of an Account is final.“

Bovada does not have to pay you; you could deposit $2,000 and they could shut your account down the next day there is literally NOTHING you can do about it.

The moderator is literally suggesting that they may not be paying me because I can’t prove that it was ME using MY PHONE 🤷 🥴🥴🥴

PLAYER BE WARNED

“3.4 Accounts Open in Our Discretion. We reserve the right to suspend, disable or terminate your Account at any time in our sole discretion. All decisions regarding the opening, maintenance and closing of Accounts rests with us and any decisions we take regarding any aspect of the Software, your participation in or the playing of the Games or any aspect of an Account is final.”

usReckless Bets
Silver PlayerSilver Player
Reckless Bets's picture
Location: United States
Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Posts: 419
Thanks given: 21
Thanks received: 334
6 March 2020 - 8:42pm
#27

It's not a matter of you using your phone but what IP address your activity on the site is coming from, which had been explained several times at this point.

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
6 March 2020 - 9:09pm
#28
Quote:

I have dealt with many complaints similar to yours over the years and I'd say in 90% of cases it turns out that the casino was right. And the story almost always starts with "my friend" or "my wife" or "my brother recommended this site to me". Usually its just one person running many accounts in the name of their relatives in an effort to claim the same bonus offer over and over. I am also familiar with ones where they made a mistake, and after doing their standard investigation they acknowledged it and paid the player. The fact they haven't done that in your case is telling.

I have been trying to give you a few clues here but it appears you're not getting the message. Seeing as you say you don't know where the sister's boyfriend lives who recommended the site to you, perhaps he may have played at Bovada while he was visiting your house? Or perhaps you both played at the same time while somewhere else together? Or maybe your sister or someone else in your house has an account too? There has to be a reason they think you are multi-accounting. If you can work that out then you may be on the right track to explaining and proving it and getting paid.

With all due respect I appreciate you staying in good spirits and trying to find a resolution but I literally sent Bovada a picture of me holding my ID, a video of me holding my ID and repeating my information and they are saying that my information is not verifiable... while Ironically they are the ones who need to be verified.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt but even when I called customer service the representative Robert was very rude and refused to give me his surname (Yes the representative in financial services who is requesting that I send a picture of the front and back of my ID as well as a video of me holding it will not even tell me his full name for reference) And after answering a set of questions he asked me if I had posted a negative review about Nevada and I said I had posted a review but I would not consider it derogatory and in response he told me that I would have to take down my post in order for him to continue working on my case. Ironically this phone call took place 2 1/2 weeks after my account was disabled and I sent in the first copy of the front and back of my ID as requested. There was radio silence for more than 14 days as I called Bovada and the person in the department I want needed to speak to was busy or was never there but somehow the day that my complaint post i get connected to “Robert,” in financial services in less than five minutes.

If I had not made my original complaint post I cannot even be sure that I would have ever spoken to somebody at Bovada and because I know Robert in financial services is aware of my posts let it be known that when I get the time this weekend I will share my story with every review site I can find as well as posting my full Bovada experience on my Instagram & requesting that my 77K followers share & hashtag it. (Alot of my followers are men so they will naturally repost anything I ask just to get in my notifications). Last but not least I will make an effort to leave my piece of mind any and everywhere I see Bovada hash tagged or mentioned on the internet.

I was told by the moderator in here that screenshots won’t prove anything to Bovada but I’m pretty sure my followers on social media will be more than convinced, especially since I was bragging about the money on social media before I got paid; they will be more than interested to hear how it was all a scam.

usEyeezy
FreerollerFreeroller
Location: Atlanta
Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 14
Thanks given: 1
6 March 2020 - 9:37pm
#29
Reckless Bets wrote:

It's not a matter of you using your phone but what IP address your activity on the site is coming from, which had been explained several times at this point.

I don't really know how IP addresses work to be honest; all I know is that I did not violate any of the Terms and Services.

But lets take a scenario... this isn't my scenario but lets just exercise our imagination.

Scenario: Its January 30th I already have a 4 leg parlay with three legs down; the last leg is the 49ers ML against the Chiefs. I go to a Superbowl party at my friends house and everything is going fine until the second half the Chiefs start to show some life so I decided I want to log onto Bovada and make a live bet on the Chiefs ML to hedge my Parlay.

If unbeknownst to me someone has already made a bet from this house have I violated the Terms and Services?? Multiple players from the same IP address? What if Im in McDonalds and I decided to make a bet... but I'm the third person to make a bet in this McDonalds today... do I have to prove that I didn’t know the other two people that were in in McDonalds earlier that day?? Or am I automatically disqualified ??

Lets say I make a bet at a sports bar? Im sure I wouldn't be the first so if I lose are they going to say anything? in highly doubt it so I deposit again; this time I win and now I need to verify but whooooops

Did you play at a bar where other people may have been using Bovada as well? Yea you just violated out Terms & Services because we have no way to prove it was YOU playing at the bar and not David 😒

Full Disclosure: I really don't know how an IP address works; do people in the same apartment building have similar IPs? If I have a 20K balance on Bovada and I log into my account to show my friend while at their house.. does that violate terms and services?

I’m being asked if anybody ever played at my house like; what happens if I have a high account balance and one day while im at work my roommate has a guest over and her guest logs into his Bovada one day while at my house.. does that put me in violation of Terms and Services even though I was unaware, gained no advantage and did nothing wrong?

When I signed up I was at a crowded bar in the city.. is that where I messed up?

Seems like they are just reaching for any reason not to pay folks if thats the case smh.

auMatthew
Card SharkCard Shark
Matthew's picture
Location: Australia
Joined: 20 Sep 2019
Posts: 169
Thanks given: 161
Thanks received: 142
6 March 2020 - 10:22pm
#30
Eyeezy wrote:

Seems like they are just reaching for any reason not to pay folks if thats the case

I mean, to a certain point, that's exactly what this is. Casino T&C are not written in the player's favour and these companies are not your friend.

Post new comment

Have something to say? Agree or disagree? Tell us what you think!

Login using your social network account
Or log in with a Casino Listings account

Login or register to post comments

Registering for an account takes less than a minute and you will be brought right back here to comment afterwards.