0
$ £
usBraxLimbo
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks given: 9
Thanks received: 2
22 February 2016 - 7:01am

So how do you choose a good casino?

29 replies • Last post

Hello, I'm the kind of person that is always wary of anything in the internet that involves money transactions. But I really want to try online casino and somehow break free from my anxiety. Still, money is money. So just askin, how do you know if the casino is legit and is a good one?

usdreamylatoni
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 4
22 February 2016 - 7:21am
#1

For me word of mouth is a good indicator. Then websites like these that offer reports/recommendations/reviews/etc. about different casinos and say if they'e legit or otherwise.

I try to stay wary of casinos that offer a lot of shiny, interesting things until I've checked everything about what they're offering is legit.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: BraxLimbo

krcoolsongss
Slots FanSlots Fan
Joined: 2 Dec 2014
Posts: 1372
Thanks given: 880
Thanks received: 622
22 February 2016 - 9:27am
#2

Hi, BraxLimbo,

Are you really a beginner in online gambling ?
Or, if some, what are the casino names you played before, and how long have you been playing ?

And, do you prefer Video Slots, or Table Games, or Live Dealers' games ?

And please, just tell us whether you are from US, or other countries Smile

It would be better for CL-Ed and other members to talk with you, with a little more information above.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: BraxLimbo

dkgerardomargarite
NewbieNewbie
Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 1
22 February 2016 - 10:44am
#3

My signs for a good casino is,

- word of mouth
- the faces of the players, are they smiling or they frowning
- location
- the players' outfits, it says a lot
- and the atmosphere inside

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: BraxLimbo

ruNin Wayne
Card SharkCard Shark
Location: Nairobi and Moscow
Joined: 2 Jan 2016
Posts: 102
Thanks given: 6
Thanks received: 35
22 February 2016 - 11:12am
#4

I choose my online casinos the way I do all my other business online i.e see what people who have experienced it say what they feel. for online casinos is a little bit easier since they are forums that are dedicated to do that...e.g this site does not only rate online casinos and have a user rated list but also has a list of casinos to avoid.

2 members gave thanks for this useful post: betty, BraxLimbo

ruNin Wayne
Card SharkCard Shark
Location: Nairobi and Moscow
Joined: 2 Jan 2016
Posts: 102
Thanks given: 6
Thanks received: 35
22 February 2016 - 11:16am
#5
gerardomargarite wrote:

My signs for a good casino is,

- word of mouth
- the faces of the players, are they smiling or they frowning
- location
- the players' outfits, it says a lot
- and the atmosphere inside

Assuming these are factors for choosing a land based casino, how does players' outfits tell whether a casino is legit or not....remember looks may be deceiving sometimes!

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: betty

uscasinodeb
Card SharkCard Shark
casinodeb's picture
Location: montana
Joined: 17 Jan 2016
Posts: 135
Thanks given: 50
Thanks received: 110
22 February 2016 - 2:04pm
#6

BraxLimbo, You are fortunate to be here when you ask this question. The wealth of information here is quite helpful in making your choices. I have browsed the list of casinos in the casino reviews section, read reviews for those with the better ratings and not blacklisted, and finally looked at the comments by the members here sharing their experiences. ALSO, if you go to the no deposit bonus section there are several bonus codes to try out the slots at many casinos with either a free chip or free spins., (but this is if you are interested in the slots) ... If you liked your free play somewhere, read the review and comments, you will have a good start in making your choice.

3 members gave thanks for this useful post: coolsongss, betty, BraxLimbo

krcoolsongss
Slots FanSlots Fan
Joined: 2 Dec 2014
Posts: 1372
Thanks given: 880
Thanks received: 622
24 February 2016 - 1:31pm
#7
casinodeb wrote:

You are fortunate to be here when you ask this question.

casinodeb wrote:

ALSO, if you go to the no deposit bonus section there are several bonus codes to try out the slots at many casinos with either a free chip or free spins.

casinodeb wrote:

If you liked your free play somewhere, read the review and comments, you will have a good start in making your choice.

Oh, casinodeb, your advice explains pretty much of key points Smile

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: BraxLimbo

inStanRogers
Low RollerLow Roller
StanRogers's picture
Location: London
Joined: 22 Sep 2015
Posts: 27
Thanks given: 2
Thanks received: 7
24 February 2016 - 8:31pm
#8

Definitely I’d first go with the word-of-mouth as experiences of people around can guide you the best. And then, I’d rely on the casinos and its terms conditions, deals and offers to see whether all these suits my requirements or not. And then…gambling is all about taking risk. Anyway.. all the best!

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: BraxLimbo

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 7210
Thanks given: 3366
Thanks received: 2730
24 February 2016 - 11:17pm
#9

Obviously I am going to say check the reviews here first! But there are always new casinos popping up and old ones disappearing so there are always going to be ones we haven't tested yet.

So if you can't find a review here, the following can help you decide yourself:

  • Check the T&Cs at the casino. Yes really. If you can't be bothered reading through the pages of boring legalese then don't deposit your money. You're looking for things like how long they take to process payments, payment limits or instalment clauses, any win limits or progressive jackpot payout clauses, where the casino is licensed and/or regulated, and the name of the company running the casino.
  • On that last point, if you can't see where the casino is licensed or you can't find the company name and physical address on their site, or the casino only accepts Bitcoin or other pseudo-anonymous currency, don't play there. Casinos that hide this information by referring to themselves as "the casino" or "the company" do so for a reason.
  • Search for the casino name with the following sorts of terms added to the search: rogue, ripoff, scam, delays, etc. i.e. "New Casino rogue", or "New casino scam". Read the results and judge whether you think the complaint is fair or rather its just a disgruntled player who doesn't like losing. Look for information about payment delays or use of the T&Cs to deny payment, rather than "the games are tight" or "it isn't fair, the games are rigged" type complaints that have no evidence to back up the claim.
  • If you do find a company name, search for it along with similar terms to see if there are complaints about the other casinos that it runs.
  • On the other hand I think searching for "New casino review" or related phrases these days is just about a waste of time as the vast majority of the search results are dominated by sites that are not honest in their "reviews". Most are instead focused on promoting the casinos they are pretending to critically review, so they will almost always tell you that the casino is wonderful.
  • Post a message in the forums here and ask us to check it out, and we'll add it to our todo list.

3 members gave thanks for this useful post: wildgerri, coolsongss, BraxLimbo

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing.
Every comment you make in our forum earns you CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop!

uswildgerri
Bronze PlayerBronze Player
wildgerri's picture
Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 270
Thanks given: 48
Thanks received: 36
25 February 2016 - 6:56pm
#10

Great tips,CL Ed.When I win the Powerball,I will remember them and come back here.LOL

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: CL-Ed

usBraxLimbo
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks given: 9
Thanks received: 2
26 February 2016 - 4:42am
#11

First of all, thanks to everyone! your tips are really helpful!
Most especially to CL Ed, those were great advices!

coolsongss wrote:

Hi, BraxLimbo,

Are you really a beginner in online gambling ?
Or, if some, what are the casino names you played before, and how long have you been playing ?

And, do you prefer Video Slots, or Table Games, or Live Dealers' games ?

And please, just tell us whether you are from US, or other countries Smile

It would be better for CL-Ed and other members to talk with you, with a little more information above.

I've played with Winaday casino before, but only for free. No money involved yet since I'm not really that sure. I'm more of a slots game person since I'm not that good at table games.

I'm currently in the Philippines for a while. But will be coming back to the US soon.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: coolsongss

rubetty
GamblerGambler
betty's picture
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks given: 16
Thanks received: 17
26 February 2016 - 9:11pm
#12

As an American traveling abroad, I wasn't really sure which rules applied to me at first. A lot of sign up bonuses are denied to me because of my region, but then again a lot of online casinos don't accept USA registration. The bottom line is that you're held to the rules of your region, so keep track of what address you're using to sign up. I can go into more detail if you're interested

ruCasperito
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 1
2 March 2016 - 1:53pm
#13
BraxLimbo wrote:

Hello, I'm the kind of person that is always wary of anything in the internet that involves money transactions. But I really want to try online casino and somehow break free from my anxiety. Still, money is money. So just askin, how do you know if the casino is legit and is a good one?

CL-Ed wrote:

Obviously I am going to say check the reviews here first! But there are always new casinos popping up and old ones disappearing so there are always going to be ones we haven't tested yet.

So if you can't find a review here, the following can help you decide yourself:

- Check the T&Cs at the casino. Yes really. If you can't be bothered reading through the pages of boring legalese then don't deposit your money. You're looking for things like how long they take to process payments, payment limits or instalment clauses, any win limits or progressive jackpot payout clauses, where the casino is licensed and/or regulated, and the name of the company running the casino.
- On that last point, if you can't see where the casino is licensed or you can't find the company name and physical address on their site, or the casino only accepts Bitcoin or other pseudo-anonymous currency, don't play there. Casinos that hide this information by referring to themselves as "the casino" or "the company" do so for a reason.
- Search for the casino name with the following sorts of terms added to the search: rogue, ripoff, scam, delays, etc. i.e. "New Casino rogue", or "New casino scam". Read the results and judge whether you think the complaint is fair or rather its just a disgruntled player who doesn't like losing. Look for information about payment delays or use of the T&Cs to deny payment, rather than "the games are tight" or "it isn't fair, the games are rigged" type complaints that have no evidence to back up the claim.
- If you do find a company name, search for it along with similar terms to see if there are complaints about the other casinos that it runs.
- On the other hand I think searching for "New casino review" or related phrases these days is just about a waste of time as the vast majority of the search results are dominated by sites that are not honest in their "reviews". Most are instead focused on promoting the casinos they are pretending to critically review, so they will almost always tell you that the casino is wonderful.
- Post a message in the forums here and ask us to check it out, and we'll add it to our todo list.

Great info, thank you CL-Ed! As a newbie myself I find this very helpful.
Reading T&Cs can be very tiring, but is a MUST.
To add to the above points, I also base my decision on word-of-mouth from people who I know personally and who have gone up to the point of cashout with a casino (with some of them it can be really gerat while you play but not when you try to cashout!)

usBraxLimbo
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks given: 9
Thanks received: 2
3 March 2016 - 6:33am
#14
Casperito wrote:

Great info, thank you CL-Ed! As a newbie myself I find this very helpful.
Reading T&Cs can be very tiring, but is a MUST.
To add to the above points, I also base my decision on word-of-mouth from people who I know personally and who have gone up to the point of cashout with a casino (with some of them it can be really gerat while you play but not when you try to cashout!)

The part where I may not be able to cashout is actually my worst fear LOL

krcoolsongss
Slots FanSlots Fan
Joined: 2 Dec 2014
Posts: 1372
Thanks given: 880
Thanks received: 622
3 March 2016 - 12:08pm
#15
BraxLimbo wrote:

The part where I may not be able to cashout is actually my worst fear LOL

Hi, BraxLimbo,

There are many rogue casinos in RTG, Rival, TopGame software inducing players with a ridiculously high-percentage bonuses. Actually, you can easily avoid them to check the casino names in the following link, just before registering in. ( You know [Ctrl+F] key function Smile )

https://www.casinolistings.com/casinos/rogue-warnings-blacklist

And you can just browse the casinos with 4 ~ 5 ratings in the following link and actually you don't really have to worry about delayed- or non- payment much, because most of these casinos are also cooperative with players for the withdrawals, too. Maybe the 1st withdrawal can take a few days (2~3 working days or a little more), because the Account Verification should be done with your documents (ex., ID, Proof Of Address, Proof of Payment)

https://www.casinolistings.com/casinos

And, as I think, the most concerned point is that you are an US Citizen.
But, I believe that you can find enough number of casinos to blow off your stress Smile

betty wrote:

As an American traveling abroad, I wasn't really sure which rules applied to me at first. A lot of sign up bonuses are denied to me because of my region, but then again a lot of online casinos don't accept USA registration. The bottom line is that you're held to the rules of your region, so keep track of what address you're using to sign up. I can go into more detail if you're interested.

2 members gave thanks for this useful post: CL-Ed, BraxLimbo

rubetty
GamblerGambler
betty's picture
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks given: 16
Thanks received: 17
4 March 2016 - 9:01am
#16

I play poker online. I have no stress. No stress at all!

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: coolsongss

usBraxLimbo
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks given: 9
Thanks received: 2
9 March 2016 - 6:23am
#17
coolsongss wrote:

Hi, BraxLimbo,

There are many rogue casinos in RTG, Rival, TopGame software inducing players with a ridiculously high-percentage bonuses. Actually, you can easily avoid them to check the casino names in the following link, just before registering in. ( You know [Ctrl+F] key function Smile )

https://www.casinolistings.com/casinos/rogue-warnings-blacklist

And you can just browse the casinos with 4 ~ 5 ratings in the following link and actually you don't really have to worry about delayed- or non- payment much, because most of these casinos are also cooperative with players for the withdrawals, too. Maybe the 1st withdrawal can take a few days (2~3 working days or a little more), because the Account Verification should be done with your documents (ex., ID, Proof Of Address, Proof of Payment)

https://www.casinolistings.com/casinos

Thank you! Will be bookmarking these sites so it would be easier to access.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: coolsongss

lvblck
Fortune HunterFortune Hunter
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 1914
Thanks given: 108
Thanks received: 487
8 April 2016 - 9:11pm
#18

Right now I've alrady found many faovrite and legit casinos, I have to say it takes time and trying, getting to know the place. First of all don't play at any rogue or blacklisted casinos, that's a no-no. Then secondly check the casinos rank on any page in internet. Check bonuses and promotions, try to contact live chat and ask everything you might think of. Make deposits that aren't so big so that if you lose you wouldn't feel too sad.

nljocher
FreerollerFreeroller
jocher's picture
Location: Here and there
Joined: 14 Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Thanks given: 2
Thanks received: 0
14 April 2016 - 9:14am
#19

Good question and even better answers. What I still don't understand is why some casinos are blacklisted by some sites/ forums and heavily promoted on others. Who should a regular player believe? There are plenty of contradictory reviews all over the internet about X casino. In my mind, no online casino has a spotless reputation. Thinking

Game recognize Game

krcoolsongss
Slots FanSlots Fan
Joined: 2 Dec 2014
Posts: 1372
Thanks given: 880
Thanks received: 622
14 April 2016 - 8:12pm
#20
jocher wrote:

Good question and even better answers. What I still don't understand is why some casinos are blacklisted by some sites/ forums and heavily promoted on others. Who should a regular player believe? There are plenty of contradictory reviews all over the internet about X casino. In my mind, no online casino has a spotless reputation. Thinking

There are many dishonest online forums. And I think that there are quite a few casinos with very high reputation, too Smile

2 members gave thanks for this useful post: hope777, jocher

lvblck
Fortune HunterFortune Hunter
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 1914
Thanks given: 108
Thanks received: 487
15 April 2016 - 11:32am
#21

I think all casinos have some sort of complaints in other casino sites, but the important thing is to see how they deal with the issue. I am alright playing at a casino that has many complaints, as far as they are dealt with and resolved. But if you see many complaints and ignorance from casino side- that's a red flag there. Also I try to avoid Costa Rica licence casinos, they usually aren;t trustful.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: hope777

inrahulagarwal
NewbieNewbie
rahulagarwal's picture
Joined: 15 Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 4
16 April 2016 - 12:21pm
#22

Not all the online casinos are reliable, so it is essential for you to know how to choose the right and reliable to know. Make sure that the online casino you choose is reliable and provide all your favorite casino games.

1 member gave thanks for this useful post: hope777

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12526
Thanks given: 1271
Thanks received: 903
16 April 2016 - 4:31pm
#23
coolsongss wrote:

There are many dishonest online forums. And I think that there are quite a few casinos with very high reputation, too Smile

This is the "go to" site if you want honesty and integrity. I have said SO many times that I am so grateful I found this place FIRST. Some places will rate bad casinos high just for the $$ and for their own benefit. CL-Ed will NOT do this. If casinos want off this blacklist they have to actually change and PROVE they are changing for the better. When it comes to casino rating sites, you need not look elsewhere, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart! Smile

2 members gave thanks for this useful post: CL-Ed, jocher

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

krcoolsongss
Slots FanSlots Fan
Joined: 2 Dec 2014
Posts: 1372
Thanks given: 880
Thanks received: 622
17 April 2016 - 12:28pm
#24
hope777 wrote:

This is the "go to" site if you want honesty and integrity. I have said SO many times that I am so grateful I found this place FIRST. Some places will rate bad casinos high just for the $$ and for their own benefit. CL-Ed will NOT do this. If casinos want off this blacklist they have to actually change and PROVE they are changing for the better. When it comes to casino rating sites, you need not look elsewhere, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart! Smile

Yeah, I totally agree with you Smile

2 members gave thanks for this useful post: CL-Ed, hope777

autweeksta
Bronze PlayerBronze Player
tweeksta's picture
Location: western australia
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 207
Thanks given: 53
Thanks received: 191
12 June 2016 - 4:43pm
#25

i preferences wen choosing to play at a casino is: it has over 4 stars from casinolistings,
: it has netent games
: if the min deposit is 10
: the casino gives out free nd spins regularly
: the loyalty program is easy to achieve

with that being said... i usually play at vera&john, casino heroes, casinoroom, casumo and guts casino

♥ Dont Mind Me.... Im Just Slotting ♥

ushope777
Forum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12526
Thanks given: 1271
Thanks received: 903
12 June 2016 - 5:37pm
#26

Seems like an older thread, but I will respond anyway. Smile

The very simple answer is right where you are: check the extremely trusted and reliable Casino Listings reviews, ratings, and player experiences under those same reviews.

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

lvblck
Fortune HunterFortune Hunter
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 1914
Thanks given: 108
Thanks received: 487
12 June 2016 - 10:44pm
#27
hope777 wrote:

Seems like an older thread, but I will respond anyway. Smile

The very simple answer is right where you are: check the extremely trusted and reliable Casino Listings reviews, ratings, and player experiences under those same reviews.

Exactly. Also if they aren't here listed (although most reliable casinos are) take a look at what is their owner group, licence, look for players comments.

usMobcasinos
FreerollerFreeroller
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 18
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 7
16 June 2016 - 8:43am
#28

Choosing a good casino depends on reviews. Most of the good casino's are operating for a very long time. They keep updating all their games.

lvblck
Fortune HunterFortune Hunter
Location: The North
Joined: 6 Apr 2016
Posts: 1914
Thanks given: 108
Thanks received: 487
18 June 2016 - 1:47am
#29

I agree but I have also found that many casinos that aren't that old (Slotjoint, Aha, Mobo etc just for example) give great service, so that's definitely not the most important thing. But I think that player's reviews have one of the strongest points.

Share this