CLchips are our way of rewarding you for contributing to our community by making comments and posts, participating in competitions and more.
We detect your country to filter casinos that do not accept players from where you live, and we display bonuses and jackpots in your preferred currency where possible.
→ Change your preferences
So, here's the story; I put 100$ Jackpot Grand, and they gave me a 300$ bonus. With that, I managed to play enough to be able to withdraw my remaining money. I ended up with about 1,000$ when I went to cash out. When I did, they requested the following:
- Copy of drivers license (Front and back) in color
- Copy of credit card (Front and back)
- A copy of my utility bill
- Bank statement
This all seems pretty unnecessary and intrusive. Is this normal? What can I do? Should I even bother doing all this? I don't know how I feel about giving them a copy of my bank statement...
It is normal as they have to guard against fraud. However I, like you, don't like it so I usually do a few things to protect myself from possible identity theft. Get out a paint program and do the following with the scans:
- Black out some of the digits on your drivers license number and the middle eight digits and 3-digit security number on the back of your credit card. When you take a scan or photo of the card make sure your fingers are visible holding it and obscuring some of the edges as this makes it more difficult for a bad guy to reproduce.
- Ask if they need to see your signature and if not black it out too. There is no reason why they should, but I have had trouble in the past with other casinos requiring it to be visible. It makes no sense I know.
- Black out account numbers, any co-owner's names, and any dollar amounts on your utility bill and bank statements (they only need to see your name, address, and date the document was issued).
- If your utility bill comes with a cover letter showing the utility name plus your name and address I send them that. That way there is no financial info on it at all.
Do not send them scans in ultra high resolution as this makes them easier to reproduce. I usually do 1024px maximum height or width for a utility bill, and 360px maximum for a credit card or license.
Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.
Yes, this info is all normal, but make sure to black out digits. Don't do the address, as they can likely match that on a utility bill or whatever else you attach (remembering to black out the same thing over multiple documents can get tricky).
Don't fret though, you are good.
Join our global community of casino players and share your views, tips, and fun.
Earn CLchips by chatting in our forum, then spend them on prizes in our shop.
Love it? Hate it? Rate your favourite casinos and casino games right here.
These are the most recently updated forum topics: