CLchips are our way of rewarding you for contributing to our community by making comments and posts, participating in competitions and more.
We detect your country to filter casinos that do not accept players from where you live, and we display bonuses and jackpots in your preferred currency where possible.
→ Change your preferences
jaggrl posted a question about Always Cool casino over here</>.
Now I haven't heard of it but I thought I would demonstrate the sort of things we look for when we check out a casino to get an initial first impression. So I thought it deserved its own thread.
1. I googled them and got 2 different URLs that appear to be hosting the same casino, which is a little weird. I hope they are both legitimate.
2. Website looks good, nice first impression.
3. They are offering a lot of incredible huge bonuses - eg 2222% slots bonus. That's an alarm bell.
4. Checking the About US page doesn't reveal much. It says they are a subsidiary of a company with a UK address, but seeing as they don't claim to have a UK whitelisted license and they accept U.S. players there is no way they are legally running things from the UK.
5. I can't seem to find any information about any sort of gaming license or jurisdiction that they operate under. This presumably means that they don't have one. I googled and found suggestions that it may be Costa Rica or Panama. Neither is good.
6. Straight to the T&Cs page then. I picked out a few things to highlight:
Regarding all bonuses of 200% & below:
Should a player wish to withdraw from a bonus with a percentage of 200 or lower, he or she may withdraw 5X the amount of the bonus.
Regarding all bonuses of 201% - 1000%
For bonuses that have a percentage of 201% to 1000%, the maximum amount any player can withdraw is 2X the amount of the bonus received.
Regarding All bonuses of 1001% & above:
Should any player receive a 1001% bonus or more, the maximum amount they can withdraw is 1X the amount of the bonus.
So the bonuses aren't so great after all. If you hit a big win, most likely you won't be able to withdraw it all.
Lastly I googled "always cool casino +rogue" and saw a bunch of complaints.
So there you have it. I certainly would not play there!
2 jaggrl, CatFace
Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.
Wow, you really do your homework!!! I really like the games there, but , since you said you wouldn't play there I think I will ONLY play for fun , not money. Thanks for your help! Beth
No problem - I have been meaning to write an article explaining the sorts of things we look for when checking out casinos. A bit like that but longer and more detailed. I've moved it up my list of priorities!
So CL-Ed sounds like a good plan. Where can i find your checklist?
Oops. Thanks for the reminder...
Hi nobbytoo2002, I have moved your question to its own thread in our help forum right here:
Help with Diamond VIP Club payment?
Join our global community of casino players and share your views, tips, and fun.
Earn CLchips by chatting in our forum, then spend them on prizes in our shop.
Love it? Hate it? Rate your favourite casinos and casino games right here.
These are the most recently updated forum topics: