usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7398
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
8 January 2012 - 10:18pm

What are some of your favorite websites?

108 replies • Last post
Click to show this thread's original post ▼

One of my favorite websites is www.listia.com. It is a newer site, about a year or so old. You list items that you no longer want and people bid on them with credits they have received by listing items. You can also buy credits on the site. You get credits from referring others, for checking in, for posting, for reaching goals...like so many posts, so many sales. Sometimes you get extra credits for listing specific items.

You can choose to offer free shipping, which if you do, you get extra credits. You can also have the bidder pay for shipping but you usually don't get as many credits.

I have won jewelry, dvds, gift cards, a blanket, clothing, postage stamps and lots of other items on this site. No money exchanges hands. They do have you pay $1.00 at fist to register if you want to be verified (which means more bidders) but after that no money is needed unless you want to buy extra credits.

They also have several auctions each month that are listed by Listia to show appreciation for members.
You can enter into them by bidding on them with your credits. They have cameras and other great items.

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 85
8 March 2012 - 4:35am
#61

Do you still clip coupons?

http://www.couponcabin.com/

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
8 March 2012 - 6:28pm
#62

I am terrible about coupons, lol! I start out really good, even divide into envelopes, etc. For a while I was really good about always carrying at least a gasoline coupon, since stations accept competitor's coupons, but I have really been slipping lately.

Thanks for that site, though. That is one I haven't heard of yet. 🙂

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

auCL-Ed
StaffStaff
CL-Ed's picture
Location: Sydney
Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Posts: 9551
Thanks given: 5517
Thanks received: 4828
11 March 2012 - 4:08am
#63
barbadosslim93 wrote:

That site is uglier than my sister in law, but I love it! I I am a big board game fan and am looking for something that I want! Forget the kids!

😂 Lucky she's not a member here! Or is she.... 🤷??

hope777 wrote:

Metacritic is a really great site for reviews for movies, music, games, TV shows, and more. There are critic reviews and user reviews for everything under the sun under those topics. I like IMDB and Wiki for episode lists and reviews, too, and I have also checked with Rotten Tomatoes. Metacritic is very thorough.

I second that - I always check out Metacritic before buying a movie or game.

Always play it safe! Consult our list of rogue casinos and warnings before depositing at a new casino.
Post in our forums to earn CLchips which can be used to buy real prizes in our CLchips shop.

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 85
1 July 2012 - 2:54pm
#64

These are 2 good websites to vent out your frustrations, give reviews & ratings on any businesses around the globe:

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/

http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
2 July 2012 - 4:38am
#65
Ubetcha wrote:

These are 2 good websites to vent out your frustrations, give reviews & ratings on any businesses around the globe:

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/

http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm

Those look like cool sites, Ubetcha! I will definitely remember this when I want to check out a place or vent my frustrations. 😠 🧛 😉

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7398
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
2 July 2012 - 7:31am
#66
Ubetcha wrote:

These are 2 good websites to vent out your frustrations, give reviews & ratings on any businesses around the globe:

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/

http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm

I checked out the first one already..........some pi$$ed people there......lol. I will check out the second one when I get the time.

uswildgerri
Bronze PlayerBronze Player
wildgerri's picture
Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 288
Thanks given: 65
Thanks received: 47
16 July 2012 - 8:14pm
#67

Since I like to play games to keep the old brain sharp,I often go to www.cryptograms.org www.patchwords.org and www.aarp.org.You don't have to be a member to enjoy the games.

LuckyMe

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7398
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
16 July 2012 - 8:46pm
#68

Thanks wildgerri, I will check out those sites when I get the time.

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
17 July 2012 - 5:50pm
#69
wildgerri wrote:

Since I like to play games to keep the old brain sharp,I often go to www.cryptograms.org www.patchwords.org and www.aarp.org.You don't have to be a member to enjoy the games.

Sounds like fun. I will check these out sometime. I also have to get back to Listia, because I am SO out of the habit, and I have a TON of points to spend. 🙂

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 85
23 July 2012 - 8:01pm
#70

Life sucks sometimes.. lol. Gotta know our life's little mysteries, share opinion and answer each category quizzes:

http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
29 July 2012 - 10:09pm
#71

For those of you into true crime, like I am, the CBS 48-Hours Mystery website has a ton of full episodes to watch. Click on the link and go to the "Full Episodes" link at the top of the page and pick your poison, lol.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7398
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
5 August 2012 - 1:36am
#72

I use to watch those Hope. Seems like I don't have enough hours in the day anymore to do all I want to do.

Looks like an interesting site Ubetcha.

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 85
11 August 2012 - 5:51am
#73

Would you like to invest like the Shark Tank guys..

http://www.prosper.com/

Also you can borrow too.. IDK if they'll fund your gambling addiction though.. bwa-hahaha!

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
11 August 2012 - 6:29pm
#74
Ubetcha wrote:

Would you like to invest like the Shark Tank guys..

http://www.prosper.com/

Also you can borrow too.. IDK if they'll fund your gambling addiction though.. bwa-hahaha!

I have heard of them before. I like that site, although I would never qualify for gambling "addiction" or otherwise, lol! There is another, similar one where they fund inventions/ideas.. I will have to try to find that one.

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 85
12 August 2012 - 5:17pm
#75

Go to http://www.joelosteen.com/Pages/Index.aspx for inspirational thoughts and prayers..

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
29 November 2012 - 1:05am
#76

I thought I would bump this thread for some of the people who are new since this thread was around.

I was browsing at www.listia.com tonight, trying to decide how to spend my 30,000 plus points, lol, and I thought about this thread.

Maybe some of the newest members might like to review this thread, plus share favorite websites of their own. 🙂

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
29 November 2012 - 1:06am
#77
LuckyMe wrote:

One of my favorite websites is www.listia.com. It is a newer site, about a year or so old. You list items that you no longer want and people bid on them with credits they have received by listing items. You can also buy credits on the site. You get credits from referring others, for checking in, for posting, for reaching goals...like so many posts, so many sales. Sometimes you get extra credits for listing specific items.

You can choose to offer free shipping, which if you do, you get extra credits. You can also have the bidder pay for shipping but you usually don't get as many credits.

I have won jewelry, dvds, gift cards, a blanket, clothing, postage stamps and lots of other items on this site. No money exchanges hands. They do have you pay $1.00 at fist to register if you want to be verified (which means more bidders) but after that no money is needed unless you want to buy extra credits.

They also have several auctions each month that are listed by Listia to show appreciation for members.
You can enter into them by bidding on them with your credits. They have cameras and other great items.

Here is LuckyMe's good description of Listia from the first post in this thread. 🙂

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7398
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
29 November 2012 - 2:18am
#78

I haven't been to Listia in quite awhile. I won quite a few items there and had fun doing it. Thanks for the bump.

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
29 November 2012 - 5:44am
#79

I am out of practice. I put several on my watch list tonight, lost a few, then forgot about a few. lol I like picking up stocking stuffers there, like socks and other little things. I have plenty of points to spend, because I was saving up for a Coach purse, and I lost that one by like eight points. Instead of looking for another purse, I am now going to use my points for new items toward Christmas. Every little bit helps!

I know you like the jewelry on Listia. 🙂

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7398
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
9 December 2012 - 5:18am
#80

Maybe after Christmas would be a good time to bid, because I'm sure most people will spend all their credits. I hope to remember to go there. I only have about 600 credits.

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
9 December 2012 - 9:00pm
#81
LuckyMe wrote:

Maybe after Christmas would be a good time to bid, because I'm sure most people will spend all their credits. I hope to remember to go there. I only have about 600 credits.

I have over 30,000 credits, but I am just not into it like I was in the beginning I keep putting things on my watchlist, then forgetting to go back in time for the auction's end. lol

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7398
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
10 December 2012 - 4:36am
#82

The items started going for too many credits, so I lost interest. I used to sit and watch the auctions and bid at the last few seconds. I lost out on a few auctions that way too, because my computer was too slow.

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 85
14 December 2012 - 3:47am
#83

I had used shop and earn @ Swagbucks and I've waited 31 days to get my Swagbucks points credited on my account. So, I'm going to try this website instead:

http://www.ebates.com/

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
15 December 2012 - 5:11pm
#84

This is not a website, but is everyone signed up to receive Groupons for their area? We have taken advantage of some fun deals, and they have everything from travel, entertainment, sky diving and other recreational, car care, hair and nails, you name it, it will come through your email as a Groupon offer.

I got my son six classes for "acting for nonactors" last Christmas at a GREAT discount, I have gotten oil changes, manicures, haircuts, good meals, and we even went to the mirror maze at the Mall of America courtesy of Twin Cities Groupons for my son's bday one year. If you do not receive groupons already, it is a great thing to sign up for. If you don't like the offer, just DELETE and wait for the next. They also send you like 10 dollar off coupons sometimes. I don't use it as much as many, but I use it enough to make it worth signing up for.

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usUbetcha
True PlayerTrue Player
Ubetcha's picture
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 880
Thanks given: 222
Thanks received: 85
23 January 2013 - 11:56pm
#85

I am now getting hooked on Swagbucks.. helping my dear charities and getting something good for myself. 😂 The site below is where I get my additional Swagbucks points for the day. They also have live chat and go there for Q&A.

http://sbcodez.com/

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
24 January 2013 - 2:55am
#86
Ubetcha wrote:

I am now getting hooked on Swagbucks.. helping my dear charities and getting something good for myself. 😂 The site below is where I get my additional Swagbucks points for the day. They also have live chat and go there for Q&A.

http://sbcodez.com/

I didn't even realize they had something like that. Thanks, Ubetcha! I am SO out of the habit of Swagbucks with all the other places I visit on the web, and I am not even a FaceBook user! Oh, so many webites, so little time, lol. 🙂

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usluckywalker
Slots FanSlots Fan
luckywalker's picture
Joined: 25 Aug 2012
Posts: 1123
Thanks given: 73
Thanks received: 160
24 January 2013 - 6:25am
#87
hope777 wrote:

This is not a website, but is everyone signed up to receive Groupons for their area? We have taken advantage of some fun deals, and they have everything from travel, entertainment, sky diving and other recreational, car care, hair and nails, you name it, it will come through your email as a Groupon offer.

I got my son six classes for "acting for nonactors" last Christmas at a GREAT discount, I have gotten oil changes, manicures, haircuts, good meals, and we even went to the mirror maze at the Mall of America courtesy of Twin Cities Groupons for my son's bday one year. If you do not receive groupons already, it is a great thing to sign up for. If you don't like the offer, just DELETE and wait for the next. They also send you like 10 dollar off coupons sometimes. I don't use it as much as many, but I use it enough to make it worth signing up for.

I love group on. I bought my daughter a 4 night stay in Chicago at hard rock cafe for Christmas ( she's going during Valentine's day and also a couple cute tours and 2 restaurant group ons in chicago. She was sooo excited and can't wait to go. The rooms were discounted more than half off so a great bargain.

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
24 January 2013 - 6:16pm
#88

That is awesome, Lucky Walker. I just had those segway tours come through the email. I think that would be so much fun sometime in spring or summer or even in the fall, but right now I just cannot afford it even with the discount.

I am keeping my eyes open for those photo books. My friend did one for her son and DIL who were just married and it looks like a real picture book but you use your own photos. I have been wanting to do scrapbooking but just don't have the room here so I could definitely do something online like that. They were a pretty good deal.

I hope your daughter has fun! 🙂

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Location: Ohio, USA
Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 7398
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
27 January 2013 - 12:09am
#89

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but Ebates is a good place to get money back on clothing, books, cd, lots of stuff you would buy online. I don't buy that much anymore, but I have recieved money back from Ebates with no hassle at all.

hope777

ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Location: Minnesota USA
Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Posts: 12664
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1036
29 January 2013 - 10:13pm
#90

Want to watch movies that are still in the theatre or Academy Award-nominated films and more? My oldest son found us a new site where the movies are free to stream. NO download necessary.

My Argo subtitles and narrative at the end was in Chinese, and during The Gangster Squad, I could hear the movie projector sound, lol, but hey, nothing is perfect. All the others I watched had neither of those distractions. Check it out!

http://www.movie2k.to/

Hope777

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things, and no good thing ever dies.
Shawshank Redemption