ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1038
26 November 2011 - 12:39am

Love these! "Adult Truths" Can anyone relate? lol!

31 replies • Last post
Click to show this thread's original post ▼

I just received these in my email, and I can't copy and paste, so I am actually typing these out. I thought they were worth sharing.

23 Adult Truths:

1. Sometimes I will look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is a great need for a sarcasm font.
5. Was learning cursive really necessary?
6. Mapquest really needs to start their directions on #5. I am pretty sure I know how to get out of my own neighborhood.
7. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
8. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't, at least, kind-of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore what comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to re-start my collection....again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. Oops! Looks like 14 and 15 are missing in the email, making this 21 Adult Truths, lol
15. Missing!
16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night, more kisses begin with Miller Light than with Kay.
17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
18. I have a hard time deciphering that fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say, "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when a line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
22. Even under ideal conditions, people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phones, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - bit I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from three feet away in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first and every time.
23. The first tentacular guard, "The Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize their brain is also important. (Ladies, stop laughing!)

So, which ones are your favorites, CL friends? Of course, I had a great laugh with #23, lol! I also could relate to #13 (I HATE when that happens, lol!) and I agree with #16. I feel that I do #19 too much, because I swear I am hard of hearing from all those loud concerts I attended when younger. I am always saying, "what?" to my boys, and I am sure I drive them half crazy, lol. But, I really DO want to know what they heck they are saying. They will often ask if I am deaf, and my reply is always, "yes! and I have told you this MANY times!"

I hope you enjoyed my little list. I love these types of lists, because they are so real and most can relate to at least a few. Let's hear yours!

Best wishes,

Hope

4 CL-Ed, kabean, barbadosslim93, GambleMaster

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 226
30 January 2012 - 4:34pm

#10. Very true. I have a lot to talk about with some of my bad decisions.
#17. This would be very helpful!