Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen, or the Red Baron as he is commonly known, is the most decorated pilot of World War I and one of the most famous figures in all military history. He is also the centerpiece of this 5-reel game from Aristocrat that also features the ever-popular 243 ways feature.
Red Baron information
The Red Baron offers up a presentation that seems appropriately old-school. While the graphics are far from fancy, they seem to be right in tune with the overall classic feel of the theme. The symbols – which include a zeppelin, the Red Baron himself, and a radio – finely complement the overall presentation. There is no background music here, although each effect is accompanied with a fun jingle that is sure to have your head bobbing for quite a bit of time!
As for the features, Red Baron actually offers up quite a bit, with the main action being the "Choose your own mission" feature. When 3 or more target symbols appear scattered on the reels this bonus feature is launched. You can choose a mission for the Red Baron to fly and you are awarded a number of free spins, along with a bonus prize that is awarded if a minimum number of planes are "shot down" by appearing on the reels. Each mission has a different bonus multiplier attached to it, and the higher the multiplier, the more planes need to be shot down to win it.
The game defaults to 243 paylines and 5 reels in play but you can actually reduce the number of paylines by selecting the number of reels. Selecting 1, 2, 3, or 4 reels changes the number of paylines to 3, 9, 27, or 81 paylines respectively. When you play less than 5 reels, only the middle line symbols on each inactive reel remain in play.
How to play Red Baron
If you want to hang with the Baron himself you are going to have to learn the following commands:
- Info - Gather more information about the Red Baron slot by pushing on this button.
- Autoplay - The Red Baron probably did not have autopilot, but you certainly do! Activate it by clicking here.
- Max (left) - This selects the maximum five number of reels.
- +/- (left) - Adjusts the number of reels in play.
- +/- (right) - Click these buttons to increase and decrease the credits played per line, respectively.
- Max (right) - Selects the maximum amount that can be played per line.
- Gamble (available only after winning spin) - If you have made a winning spin, you will have the option of opening up the gamble feature by clicking here.
- Spin - Push this button to spin the reels with the settings currently displayed on the screen