ushope777
Forum AngelForum Angel
hope777's picture
Thanks given: 1393
Thanks received: 1043
31 July 2013 - 2:12pm

Summer 2013

2 replies • Last post

Summer finally arrive in Minnesota in mid-June, and it has NOT been the best summer we have experienced, as far as weather. Many of our usual activities were postponed and/or canceled due to all my family's health issues, including my mom's back surgery.

Today I am finally heading to the lake. My close friend has me (and Otis!) to her lake place at least once each summer. I am SO looking forward to going.

I am wondering if anyone else wants to share what fun summer activities you have been experiencing. Have you done any traveling? A day at the beach? An outdoor concert? Other?

What have you been up to this summer and how has the weather been in your area?

usbarbadosslim93 Recently online: 3 min ago
Forum AngelForum Angel
barbadosslim93's picture
Thanks given: 849
Thanks received: 2155
31 July 2013 - 8:56pm

We have done a few beach days here, and there along with a few cookouts. The weather has gone from really cold to really hot and back to being cold.

We are sitting today with rain and just hanging out.

I really want to go see a concert, but nothing I like is coming around here to play outside. Also on my wishlist is to go out on a jet ski. Its been too long since I got to do any of that.

usLuckyMe
Forum AngelForum Angel
LuckyMe's picture
Thanks given: 163
Thanks received: 230
1 August 2013 - 4:39am

We are staying close to home this summer. We have gone to garage sales and flea markets. We love driving in the country so that is a getaway for us. We occasionally drive to towns we have never been to before. Boyfriend is still recovering from shoulder surgery so our mini-trips can't be too far.

We love spending time at the lake and people watching. I love watching the guys and girls do the sail boat things, not sure what they are called. Some of those go scary fast on a windy day.

We have enjoyed the fireworks a couple of times this year.

We have had the heater on once this summer! We've used the air conditioner too. We've had heavy rains and lots of sun and heat. We've had windy days too. I think we've had about every kind of weather except snow.

Glad you finally got to experience some better weather.